Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's either on your release hand or your bow hand

Comment

Draw length does come into play, no question. Speed goes up as draw length goes up, hand in hand.

Can you crank your bow up more, easier then pulling inserts.

Comment

No. The limbs are maxed out on my bow right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
          Ya. I'm gonna start from scratch tomorrow or Sunday before the game. I don't think I'm torquing the bow. I have a loose relaxed hand on the bow, but who knows.
          You will be surprised

So are you 6 ft tall

Comment

Yes sir. Right at 6 feet.

Comment

Issues broadhead tuning?

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              You will be surprised

So are you 6 ft tall

Yes sir. Right at 6 feet.

I'm sorry :-)
              I'm 7" taller ;-)

What's you're axle to axle?
              I'd check form. When I get funky it's usually, mostly my anchor point.

My bows got a 38" axle to axle
              Draws 64#
              draw is 31.5"
              My arrows are 340 spine & 30" long,
              I have 50 grain weights behind the insert and use 125 grain tips.

My broadheads , Magnus Stingers, hit within 1" of my field points. I chose not to mess with it
              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 02-05-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Axle to axle is 31.5" on this model bow. I will try to get video of me shooting a few arrows so y'all can check form. I always shoot from a seated position bc that's how I hunt. Never stand to shoot so may be a little more difficult to tell on form, but it will at least give you guys an idea and I can get some pointers on it.

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
                  Drawl length has nothing to do with the equation of arrow spine.

That's simply not the case. Aside the aggressiveness of the bow itself, draw length is one of the largest contributors to dynamic spine calculation there is. An increase or decrease of a bow's draw length directly affects the dynamic spine reaction. A more granular approach would be to say an increase or decrease in a bow's draw length is actually an increase or decrease in the bow's power stroke. If this didn't matter then all bows would shoot the same speed at different draw lengths which we all know isn't the case.

Comment

Bareshaft was no bueno. Arrow hit sideways and ricocheted off the target. Actually blew up.

sounds like a bad center shot issue man.

Comment

It could be string angle.

MIGHT be trying to bring your face to bow to get your nose on the string. Instead of bringing the bow to your face. Changing get your form...

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        It could be string angle.

MIGHT be trying to bring your face to bow to get your nose on the string. Instead of bringing the bow to your face. Changing get your form...

Definitely possible. I've never noticed myself doing that, but I will check it out when I shoot again.

Comment

Axle to axle is 31.5" on this model bow. I will try to get video of me shooting a few arrows so y'all can check form. I always shoot from a seated position bc that's how I hunt. Never stand to shoot so may be a little more difficult to tell on form, but it will at least give you guys an idea and I can get some pointers on it.
                          You need to tune your bow standing up. Not setting down. And it's better if target is at shoulder height. Not necessary but better.

It would also be nice to see what your arrow is doing through paper. And yes most people don't use paper but when trouble shooting this is a good indicator.

Shoot through it at around 3 to 5 ft. Then 8 to 10 ft then a around 15 ft. If you don't have a paper tuner. Easy to build. Take a box cut the bottom out and tape paper over it. Paper tuning needs to be done at shoulder height.

If you can do this before you make any changes to the bow. And mark the paper what distance. That way when we make changes we can see what is happening.

Doing this over a text is not easy. It is a step by step. You would be better to go to a good shop close by if you have one.
                          Last edited by enewman; 02-06-2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Jake just so we can see were your center shot is do this.
                            1.With your arrow sitting on the rest
                            2. Bows lower cam sitting on the ground and you holding the bow on the upper cam
                            3. Take a picture of the bow from the top down showing were the front of the arrow and stabilizer intersect.
                            This will help get a base center shot as well as tell us were it it set at know
                            Once we can get a base center shoot you can do as enewman posts on paper tuning
                            Last edited by SAVIOUR68; 02-06-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

This was the best I could get of that. Don't have a very long stabilizer, but it definitely looks off to the left now. I moved it a little bit yesterday in that direction though so I expected that.

Comment

Looks little to the inside. Take an arrow Lat it on in side if riser. And square your arrow from that. This should put you square from spring out to end of arrow. Hope that makes since

Could eye ball that will get you close.

Or take the arrow you broke. Take a string and tape it from limb bolt to limb bolt in center. Make sure the broke arrow can be knocked but not touching the string. Now center the arrow on string looking at the arrow.
                                Last edited by enewman; 02-06-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X