No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's our 2 blood trailing knuckleheads. The male on the right is 18 months and the female is almost 5 months. The male is somewhat solid, the female obviously is just beginning her training.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403811062.652876.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	24312872

Comment

Blood or no blood? What say you?

I'm about to start another dog, and I was planning on using blood, but this thread has me second guessing if that's the best way

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I'm about to start another dog, and I was planning on using blood, but this thread has me second guessing if that's the best way

I'm not against using blood. Blood puts off scent and that's what the dog is after. I would encourage you to use other scents from time to time.

Comment

Very cool thread Ill post a pic of my wire haired dachshund when i get home

Comment

<---------- or you can look in my avatar lol

Comment

Good stuff tex thanks

Comment

Our redbone Copper...aka Red. He loves being out in the woods. Licking blood and he seems to enjoy it more and more. Anxious to see him this fall in action!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403825112114.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24312887Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403825140119.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24312888

Comment

Here's my lap dog. She has quite a few mock trails under her belt, only missed one when she was about 5 months old but it was long and had 2 loops in it... I haven't put her on a real blood trail yet. Several times I have watched rabbits cross the place and wait till they get in the bushes and put her on them and she always finds them, some of them being as long as 200 yards or so... Can't wait to put her on a real trail

Comment

OK - I'm in. Been wanting to try this, had momma read the thread and she is all about it. This is Remi, sister to Jesse in post 33. We start this weekend. Wish us luck and keep posting advice. Thanks TUCO for starting the thread.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is all you should use..if the animal is not bleeding you don't want your dog tracking it.

Comment

My wirehaired weiner
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                          OK - I'm in. Been wanting to try this, had momma read the thread and she is all about it. This is Remi, sister to Jesse in post 33. We start this weekend. Wish us luck and keep posting advice. Thanks TUCO for starting the thread.
                          Good looking pup!!! They're getting big...fast!

Comment

Thanks ShockValue, yes they are! Back at you on the good looking pup! Appreciate the text updates and always a bonus to see an unexpected pic on a thread. This should be fun -I'm sure they will do great. Going back through the thread taking notes now.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              It is all you should use..if the animal is not bleeding you don't want your dog tracking it.
                              If you have a gut shot deer do you not even try to put your dog on it? I know some guys won't use their dog unless there is good blood because they don't want to discourage the dog if the animal can't be found. I also know people that simply drag hides for a mock trail and don't use any blood.

Comment

If you have a gut shot deer do you not even try to put your dog on it? I know some guys won't use their dog unless there is good blood because they don't want to discourage the dog if the animal can't be found. I also know people that simply drag hides for a mock trail and don't use any blood.
                                I use a hide as well but in conjunction with blood. If there is no blood trail it is not legal to track anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X