Target 22 pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
    I have a S&W model 41 that shoots lights out. They are pretty expensive but you can find used ones now and then.

Dave
    I have one of The Model 41's they are awesome but they are North of a Grand

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      Don't get the Mark 4. Save some money and get the Mark 3.
      Can you explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Can you explain why?
        I don't understand either. Why do some of ya'll prefer the Mark 2 or 3 over the 4?

In my shopping, I haven't found a significant cost savings. Are the older ones really better?

Comment

Also are there any other "problems" with the 22/45 grip? It feels better in my hand.

I can get over not being able to slingshot the slide closed.

Comment

Some folks like the grip angle on the 1,2,3 over the 4

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Some folks like the grip angle on the 1,2,3 over the 4
              Gotcha, thank you.

Comment

Can you explain why?
                The mark 4 is a new design. It is easy to take apart and costs more than the older models.

Comment

There is an aftermarket piece that you can install to slingshot the 22/45. I don't know how good they are. You can buy them on eBay and see videos on YouTube.

Comment

There is an aftermarket piece that you can install to slingshot the 22/45. I don't know how good they are. You can buy them on eBay and see videos on YouTube.
                    Got my boy a Halo charging ring from Tandemkross that he runs at competitions. No issues with it at all.

Video of him running a stage last weekend.

Comment

The mark 4 is a new design. It is easy to take apart and costs more than the older models.
                      Yes, duh. You recommended AGAINST the one that's new and easier to take apart. Why?

Comment

Yes, duh. You recommended AGAINST the one that's new and easier to take apart. Why?
                        The OP wanted to be as economical as practical. The older models are cheaper.

Comment

The OP wanted to be as economical as practical. The older models are cheaper.
                          Oh I thought you just meant that in your opinion the old ones were a better choice.

I think you're wrong on price. Show me a $285 Mark III:

Mark IV 22/45 is the classic semiauto target pistol design in 22 LR caliber with a 5 1/2" barrel. This version features a 10 round magazine and adjustable front sights. Grab a Mark IV 22/45, some extra magazines and don't forget to grab some ammo with fixed rate shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJake View Post
                            I don't understand either. Why do some of ya'll prefer the Mark 2 or 3 over the 4?

In my shopping, I haven't found a significant cost savings. Are the older ones really better?
                            I personally think the older design is superior over the newest gen...the II is a known inherently accurate gun & gaining collectability. This makes it better money spent in the long run as well. I would pony up for a real clean one in the original box. You will find it to hold it's value & possible increase depending on condition long term while you enjoy shooting it.

The MKII slab side is a good collector right now if you can find one.

Comment

Ok, thank you

Comment

Mark II Target model. Brought mine with 4 mages and 750 rounds of ammo and custom case for $310.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X