Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Broadheads that fly like field points??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It comes down to how well tuned your bow it. Some might fly better with a less than perfectly tuned bow than others, IMHO. The owner of the local archery shop is a friend, and I dropped my bow off for a week so he could 'play' with it a couple summers ago when I had tuning problems. When I picked it up it shot Thunderhead 3 blades like my field points at 50 yard. I shoot Magnus 2 blade (the vented ones) with my recurve, so 1 day I said 'what the heck' I put a couple on my compound arrows and shot into the sand pit at the range, and they grouped right with my Thunderheads.

Beyond that, I think it's personal preference, which is driven my experience, recommendations and marketing programs.

Comment

I shot Crimson Talon's when I first went bowhunting about 5 years ago. They flew great, but a year or so later when I purchased them, they didn't seem to fly so well, and I have tried again. The Rage broadheads fly perfect, but that is what Mechanical's are supposed to do. Thanks you for your time and assistance. I will check in to tuning my bow and go from there.

Thanks,
      -Allen

Comment

muzzy 100g mx3

Comment

My current set up, and every bow i have hunted with, will shoot every fixed bladed head I have tried, just as my feild point. If your bow is set up correctly yours should also.

Comment

Check you tune on your bow. I had trouble with the MX4's did not fly like the Slick Tricks.

Comment

Paper tune your bow...............

Comment

Broadhead Drop

I used to have broadhead flight problems,but I listened the tuning advice I got on here.
                I will say that my Snuffers hit slightly lower than my feildpoints about an inch aat 20 yards and 2 at 35 . I sight my bow to my broadheads and practice with my feild tips .You have to figure a little extra drag from your blades but 6 inches seems extreme. You didnt say at what range.
                Mike

Comment

I don't know of a broadhead that flies "just like" a field point, but with proper tuning, there are many that can have the same P.O.I.
                  The head that is the most forgiving for tune is the Wac'm Triton.
                  There are others that are close, but the Triton IS the most forgiving.
                  I'm shooting Slick Trick heads this year, and my tuning had to be a little more precise than when I shot Wac'm's.
                  I try a new and different head each year so that I can have an informed opinion.

Comment

Slick Tricks

Comment

slick trick fly the same as feild point for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                        x4
                        X What he said

Comment

Once your bow is tuned it will shoot them all pretty good.

Comment

My bow shoots Shuttle T;s, Muzzy 3 blades, Slick Tricks, Steelforce and thunderheads all the same as my field points. I shoot the Shuttle T's and have never had a bad experience.

My wifes bow shoots all the above and the Muzzy 4 blades the same.

I absolutely cannot get the 4 blade muzzy to shoot out of my bow though?

Just thought I would throw that in there as it might be an issue with that particular head. I know my bow is tuned perfectly and shoots many fixed blade heads perfectly. I will not shoot a mechanical any longer.

Comment

As stated above many times - Get your bow tuned right and you will not experience these problems.

Bisch

Comment

No problems with my Muzzy 4blades... but I just love Slick Tricks!

Comment

Working...
                                X