X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Congrats! That’s awesome. Sadly mine hasn’t seen any use in a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! Our first trip will be a week and a half in Big Bend as soon as we take possession of it! Can’t wait!!!!

Comment

To help insure we get a solid unit we have (will sign their paperwork tomorrow) contracted an independent Certified RV inspector to check the RV out before we sign. When you think about how much of a pain, time consuming process it is to have warranty work done, to me it is a no brainer to have it checked out before hand. If it ends up having too many issues, we will walk away and not sign. We do this before buying a house, why not before we buy a RV?

Before you ask, for what we are having the fellow do, it is going to cost us $495.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        To help insure we get a solid unit we have (will sign their paperwork tomorrow) contracted an independent Certified RV inspector to check the RV out before we sign. When you think about how much of a pain, time consuming process it is to have warranty work done, to me it is a no brainer to have it checked out before hand. If it ends up having too many issues, we will walk away and not sign. We do this before buying a house, why not before we buy a RV?

Before you ask, for what we are having the fellow do, it is going to cost us $495.

Michael

Good move.

Comment

For you guys with young kids- where to go now that swimming isn’t an activity. It was easy all summer but she’s about to be two and doesn’t sit still. She loves water but with that out not sure where to go.

Comment

Well, we bit the bullet. Nothing like a 1,600 mile round trip to get things started! Found a place with hit/miss internet so I’m posting up while I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              Well, we bit the bullet. Nothing like a 1,600 mile round trip to get things started! Found a place with hit/miss internet so I’m posting up while I can.

Nice!

Comment

That’s a nice one

Comment

We made it down to the coast last night. Super windy this morning (knew the weather was not going to be conducive for fishing) so we are just lounging around.

We may run into town and see what we can mill up?

Michael

Comment

Drove the camper from west texas to northern utah for a little elk hunting.
                    Attached Files

Comment

We replaced the factory lavatory faucet today as well as install shutoff valves.

Comment

Finally decided to “retire” so we bought this 05 pusher and selling the house on Lake Fork so we can hopefully see the parts of this good old USA we haven’t seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                          Finally decided to “retire” so we bought this 05 pusher and selling the house on Lake Fork so we can hopefully see the parts of this good old USA we haven’t seen.

Congratulations!!! [emoji322][emoji324][emoji323][emoji898]

Comment

We picked up this on an Amazon Black Friday deal for the RV. It had better reviews than the big name brands and for the price, I had to see for myself. We will do a review after the first of the year giving us plenty time to use it.

My bride did not like the factory lavatory faucet so we changed it out and added shutoff valves. So far we really like it and an added bonus is it has better water pressure than the original.

Comment

For those towing with a half ton pickup , what weight do you feel comfortable pulling. I have a 2014 chevy that according to the manual says it should pull 11,000 pounds . I'm sure their testing was done on flat level ground and doesn't take in consideration hills and highway speeds. I am looking at getting a bumper pull but don't want to put an excessive burden on the truck, I have got to make it last. I thought of getting a fifth wheel but cant give up the bed space not to mention they are more expensive. I was thinking around the 5000 lb. range would be ok but I'm not sure. I don't trust the salesmen so I came to get real world answers. Thanks

Comment

its not as much about being able to pull it but stop it---I would stay under 6K and you should be good

Comment

Working...
                                X