Game cam recs, ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game cam recs, ideas

I’m looking to pick a few cams this year. I usually use cheap cams, less than 70$.. I thought I had okay equipment. I set these up the other day to monitor my grandmother’s chicken yard. In doing so, I realized I was missing alot of pics, and the range was down to 10ft from camera.

I had coons in my live trap, and no pictures of them getting in the trap or walkign around. I realize it was hot, but 10ft is rediculous. The weather in early bow season is hot, and now I wonder what all ive missed.
    I use my cameras to scout out traffic in many different locations, then narrow in on more productive areas. With a 10ft range, I could have missed some good areas in the past.

I was using new batteries, but they were regular batteries, duracell/energizer.

So what are some good camera options under 150$ that I should look into. I am not a fan of WGI, since my experiance with their 70$ line has been horrible. I am not interested in cell capable cameras currently. I want reliable pictures, decent range, and ability to work in warmer weather. Some of the areas I go are far, and not easy to check camera quickly or frequently. I hunt public land, hence was running cheaper cameras for when they get stolen. I plan to psecure better/Hide more this year, so willing to take a chance with more expensive camera.
    Ive heard good stuff about
    browning strikeforce/dark ops,
    Spypoint force10
    Ive had good luck with bushnell in the past.

Anybody with recs, experiance. I plan to switch to lithium batteries this year.
    Last edited by JasonS; 07-25-2018, 01:10 PM.

And . . . ?

Comment

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Comment

We have Run many different camera and the one that last the longest for us have been the bushnell camera the bone collector series . But the primos gen 2 are pretty good for 90 bucks .another camera that we started running last year are muddy they have them on sale online with batteries and a card for 73 bucks give them a try they are a lot like the brownings!!

Comment

I have really liked my covert MP8 cameras they run right around $100. I also really like the one stealth cam g45ng that I have been running for around 3 years now. The coverts vary in age from close to 5 years to 3 years old and all are still running strong. The stealth cam is a little more expensive at 150 ish but is a good cam.

Comment

Bushnell or Browning cameras are all I use. Good price, great pics, no problems.

Comment

Browning Strike Force Sub Micro Series, you can buy 1, 2 or 4 for pretty good prices and they are easy to set up, and take great pics. Found the best prices on Amazon and super fast delivery!

Comment

Working...
              X