• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck!

Comment

Waiting on pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw the same group this morning we stumbled upon last night. Watched them about a mile away.
        Sat up on a different spot to try and get lucky and saw all ladies.
        Will try after the same group tonight.

Comment

Good luck and take some pics.

Comment

Well, we are definitely not getting skunked.
            Found the group I saw this morning exactly where I left them and it was all ladies. Got to watch 10 does work the side of a hill. No rut action or we would definitely be in the right spot.
            Now we have to set up for the cold. It is the warmest right now it will be for a while at 38. We will be in the teens for the low late tomorrow and early Friday.
            Promise to take some pictures tomorrow if I don’t freeze.

Comment

Good Luck in the Mornin.

Comment

Good luck. Maybe the cooler weather will get the boys up and moving.

Comment

We had an uneventful morning with nothing to see.

Tried a new area tonight and had some really bad luck, someone beat us to our spot and when we found another spot a truck drove thru. We moved about 300 yards to the south and about an hour later someone drove by and shot exactly where we were sitting.
                  Public land life.
                  We shall see how tomorrow goes. Looking to be 7 degrees when we wake up. Eek.

Not too much service for picture uploading.

Comment

Tag soup is on the menu!

We are heading back to Texas tomorrow morning.
                    While we were not successful the experience was rewarding and was definitely better than our past experiences. We are learning more and more with every draw.

Unit 62 is busy, we knew that coming into it but there was a lot of deer activity, mostly young bucks and does. Tuesday-Thursday we were able to seclude ourselves, mostly. Today there was no way. I cannot imagine how the weekends are.

In the area where we chose to hunt, it was difficult to glass over long distances. Which was a hinderance for using a rifle. We had to rely on maps and animal sign a lot and hope we were in the right area. We saw deer every hunt.

I bet the earlier seasons for Mule Deer rifle or Muzzleloader would be better purely for selection.

We also saw deer from the bottom elevation (+-6,000) to +-9,000 even with some snow cover. And we saw a great buck probably around 170” in private land. That stung.

We hunted towards the southern end of 62 near Montrose, mainly in sage flats and juniper thickets that resemble the Texas hill country.
                    This area would also be good for archery as there is a lot of cover. And a doe tag would be easily filled, though I am unsure if they release those in this unit.

We saw lots of hunters have successful elk hunts!

This picture documents being 20 weeks pregnant and my toes being numb in the 14 degree weather.

Was a great time, hopefully the above information helps anyone in the coming years.

Comment

Glad y’all had a good time. Thanks for dragging us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im sorry, i wish i could more
 help. but best of luck

Comment

Working...
                        X