No announcement yet.

Fireplace or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have at my house, wife starts burning it at any temp sub 70.

Comment

Fireplaces are great...if you like cutting and hauling firewood, cleaning fireplaces, and paying to have the chimney cleaned.

Comment

Wood stove for head fireplace for looking at

Comment

We tore ours out and added one outside, but we haven't missed the old one or used the outside one in 3 years.

Comment

I could do with out a fireplace. Unless you get a blower system built in, you’re wasting your time cutting the wood.

We have a fireplace and but it is never lit. Our stove on the other hand, burns pretty regular from October until March. It’s actually an efficient heater, and I’m not into cutting ricks of wood for fun or for aesthetics. We’re on the AR/MO line so it’s not terribly cold (usually) but we do have a winter. If I was still in Texas, I wouldn’t worry about either.
            Last edited by Razrbk89; 02-14-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Grew up with one in the house, I would not ( don't) have one now. Don't miss it one bit.

Comment

Must for me

Comment

I am going with an efficient wood burning stove over a fireplace in my barndo. I have several thousand oak trees to burn.

It will be set in an alcove with rock surround with an oak slab I cut for a mantle.

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
                    Wood stove for head fireplace for looking at

Wow, what kind of stove do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have one in the new house we built at the ranch. Put in a gas starter in case you ever decide to switch to gas logs, just takes a little bit of modification.

Comment

I love burning a fireplace. Also love wood stoves. I have a house that has a fireplace and a couple of cabins that have wood stoves. For determining which one, I’d say it depends on your setup. For sure though, I wouldn’t want a place without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grew up with a wood stove. Hate wood burning. We put in gas logs when we built our house 17 years ago. No regrets. All I have to do is switch on the gas and click a button to have a fire. And it'll put out some heat!

Comment

This is a Pacific Energy T5 wood heater installed as my house was being built in 2013. It heats the entire 1950 sq. ft. The room it is in has a 20 ft. high centerline ceiling. Rather pricey, but that was complete installation. I considerate it worth every penny on cold days. Does not require a blower even though one is available. House was built with extra insulation, so I am sure that helps some.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I never intend to have a house without a wood burning fireplace. That being said, mine is gas logs right now. As soon as my kiddos get older, I’ll convert it to wood burning. I just don’t trust my young kids around it yet

Comment

If you don't have access to a lot of free wood, don't get a fireplace that burns wood. If you do get a wood-burning fireplace, get one that is big enough to actually use, not one that is size the of a shoebox.

Comment

Working...
                                X