My New Halon 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Halon 6

Well the new weapon came in and I got it setup today at CCR. Halon 6 70#. First shot through paper was a bullet hole. And the first group after sighting-in had all arrows touching. That'll do. That'll do. Thanks to CCR tech Kyle for being amazing as always.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450509296.180889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	25075471

Looks good....can't wait to shoot one

Comment

That sure is pretty

Comment

Is that the lost camp XD pattern?....great looking bow

Comment

Nice bow

Comment

Originally posted by TxCreedXs View Post
            Is that the lost camp XD pattern?....great looking bow

Yep that's the new Lost camo. It's purty.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
              Well the new weapon came in and I got it setup today at CCR. Halon 6 70#. First shot through paper was a bullet hole. And the first group after sighting-in had all arrows touching. That'll do. That'll do. Thanks to CCR tech Kyle for being amazing as always.

[ATTACH]763340[/ATTACH]

You get to chrono it yet? Sweet rig man![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                You get to chrono it yet? Sweet rig man![emoji2]

No will have to do that next trip. Was in a bit of a hurry when I picked it up. Need to chrono with a few different arrows and get a true draw weight and draw length on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                  No will have to do that next trip. Was in a bit of a hurry when I picked it up. Need to chrono with a few different arrows and get a true draw weight and draw length on it.

Ten fo!

Comment

I'm loving everything about them except the weight which for our style of hunting could be a pain in the butt. I'm really leaning towards either that or the htx at the moment.

Comment

The weight is there but IMHO a wash with accessories. It's 10 ounces heavier than my Chill R. I don't use a bow quiver and I have a sling for long walks etc. I don't see it being a problem.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

I spent an hour at WHA setting mine up . . . . hope to hunt right after xmas with my brother in law.

only shot enough to get a bullet hole and the peep and kisser set.

Woke up saturday morning to shoot it in.

First three shots at center low 5" and left 2" all three arrows touching
                          Second three shots 2" low and left 2" all three arrows touching
                          Third three shots left 2" all touching
                          Fourth slight adjustment to center of the ring

Went back to start shooting for practice and first arrow I hear a pop. Once I compose myself I start looking for the arrow to make sure there isn't someone dead i find it a few yards directly to my right with a busted nock. Either I didn't clip the arrow on fully or the nock fell apart (which is more likely)

So my first halon, which was shooting lights out died in 30 minutes of it's first shooting session!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post

Went back to start shooting for practice and first arrow I hear a pop. Once I compose myself I start looking for the arrow to make sure there isn't someone dead i find it a few yards directly to my right with a busted nock. Either I didn't clip the arrow on fully or the nock fell apart (which is more likely)

So my first halon, which was shooting lights out died in 30 minutes of it's first shooting session!
                            Man, that stinks! I hope you are back up and running quickly.

Comment

thats scary

Comment

Working...
                              X