No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the start of three weeks in the woods here in Pittsburg County. Acorns are everywhere and the deer aren't interested in the feeders. I haven't personally seen any rutting activity, but new rubs are showing up everyday! Will update when I can! Good luck everyone!

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
        Today is the start of three weeks in the woods here in Pittsburg County. Acorns are everywhere and the deer aren't interested in the feeders. I haven't personally seen any rutting activity, but new rubs are showing up everyday! Will update when I can! Good luck everyone!

Yessir! Tuned in. Pulling for you.

Comment

11/9/15

This mornings hunt was the only time I had any activity. I saw four doe who had no interest in the feeder and were moving without male company. This afternoon was a total bust with no sightings. I have seen absolutely 0% rut activity, but with each day brings us that much closer! I am adjusting to a travel route in a climber for tomorrow morning and ditching the feeder. I have seen a ton of rubs, but no ground scrapes. We still are a little early here, but that should change very soon. I will attempt to update every evening when I get in

Note: This is NW Pittsburg County
          Attached Files

Comment

Darton, that is what my FIL is reporting on our place as well. Seeing rubs and a few scrapes starting to pop up but no real chasing. The yearling bucks are still playing grabarss but the big boys have yet to really crank up.

I'll be heading to the mountains on Friday AM for the last big boy trip prior to Thanksgiving. Looking forward to spending some quality time in the climber myself. Using it as a dress rehearsal of sorts for my all day Hagerman sits in December.

What activity is everyone else seeing?

Comment

We have active scrapes and I have video from the trail cams of bucks trailing does! Doe goes through and the next video is a buck nose down working the same trail. One was at a dead run trailing.

Comment

Went up first two weeks of bow season, only had does on the cameras. Went up this past weekend, checked the cameras and we had some bucks starting to show up. In three days of hunting I didn't see a doe. Every sit but one I had bucks charge in after they heard "the can" estrus bleet. Only one that presented a shot was a little four point, he got a pass. I was hoping his buddy which was a 10 would follow his path, but he ended up walking directly under my stand. Had my heart pumping pretty good. The bucks kept hanging up right behind my stand, unfortunately I don't have a shooting lane back there (yet). Monday morning rolls around and my dad had a doe show up and eat some hand corn. Then he noticed movement through the trees, ended up being the 10 point that walked under my stand. He made his way out into a clearing and my pops drilled him with his crossbow. If you can get out there and hunt don't hesitate to use those calls. The bucks are on the search and they're being very responsive. Good luck!

Comment

11/10

This morning I ditched the feeder and went with a climber on a travel route. I didn't see any bucks, but the two doe I did see walked right under me feeding in the acorn flat. This evening was a bust like the last 4. All I saw was a coyote! I am going to stick with the climber on the trail and acorn flat instead of the feeder with the ability to adjust if I need to. Still 0% rut activity here! Good luck boy's!
                  Last edited by Darton; 11-10-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Last weekend we had several bucks pushing does, but don't think it was on just yet. We are starting to get pictures of the mature bucks at our feeders scent checking. Wish I could be up there this weekend as it was really close last weekend.

Micah, not enough posts to send pm's. Not much of a poster these days. Maybe I'll see you at church soon and we can get caught up brother.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                      We pounded them. Nine on the ground as of now. At the screamin eagle in divide. Have service for some odd an unknown reason. If it's not raining in the morning we are hunting. Deer are moving and some chasing going on.
                      Let's see some pictures Madman!

Comment

11/13
                        This morning I saw 6 with two being bucks that were chasing so the rut is on in NW Pittsburg County. I have still quit the feeder and it is proving to be paying off with the activity I have been seeing. The cards from the cameras at the feeders are showing very little activity and it is all at night. I will be back in the climber on an acorn flat next to a creek in the morning to hopefully find a big one that slips up! I have not updated since the 10th because of connection issues way out here! Good luck!

Comment

My buddy just shot a 135" 11 point here on our place. It was our #2 target deer. Came in to a Tinks scent bomb, I'll upload pics later.

Comment

11/14

This mornings sit was a complete bust, but this evening showed 7 total with 3 bucks and 1 being a shooter. They were all hot and bothered chasing the ladies so hopefully he will slip up in the next few days!

Comment

This morning was a lot of fun. The does were everywhere. Saw six does and one forked horn. #4 got the air let out of her.

Got a pass through. She went 25 yards.

Had an encounter with one of our shooters yesterday evening. He was going away at 45 yards. I bleated at him but he ignored me and kept on moving.

Back at it in the AM.

Comment

Finally had a buck show at one of the food plots that is barely surviving after the Choctaw horses found it. Too bad he was camera shy.

Comment

Working...
                                X