Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RACK MASTER View Post
    I use a whole box and i make my container air tight , the warmer the better so leave it in the sun
    I will reposition it into direct sun. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
      ^no. Take it out of the freezer, thaw and euro process it.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
        [ATTACH]423201[/ATTACH]

Here is the before pic. Did I get enough off to start process or should I have done more?
        You got plenty off, it's just the cooler weather slows it down a lot. You can use a fish tank heater in the water to keep it warmer or just wait it out. When I did mine it was in the 90's and it went fast.

Comment

Put on a pair of latex gloves from the auto parts store, get a bunch of single edge razors, a beer and cut/scrape the remaining meat off the bone.

Working on top of a big sheet of plastic or a black yard trash bag makes clean up easier. I did a pig skull like that last week, soaking in dish detergent and water now degreasing the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
            Thanks!
            The heating in the day and drastic cooling at night is killing you. Put a fish tank heater in there to keep it a constant temp or wait until summer.

Comment

Mines going slow as well. Moving to sunny spot today

Comment

My 5 skulls have been soaking for over 3 weeks now at a constant 90 degrees, so I plan on pulling them out this week and see what they look like. I did bring my full face respirator home from work to help with the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  My 5 skulls have been soaking for over 3 weeks now at a constant 90 degrees, so I plan on pulling them out this week and see what they look like. I did bring my full face respirator home from work to help with the smell.
                  This just sounds disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                    This just sounds disgusting.
                    Yes it is...I have 1 deer, 2 hogs, 1 javelina, and an alligator. My wife has had a few choice words for me after the 2nd day they were in the yard, so you can imagine 3 weeks.

Comment

Pulled mine and hit it with 2500 psi power washer and moved pot to the sun.

Comment

I boiled this one for my son. I had no idea how long it would really take, and I now think taxidermists are under paid. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353456884.861400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24142515

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          I boiled this one for my son. I had no idea how long it would really take, and I now think taxidermists are under paid. [ATTACH]423386[/ATTACH]
                          It looks good. I've done at least 30+ heads for myself and family, and when people complain about what an actual "taxidermist" charges I just laugh. There's a reason they charge what they do, everyone's time is worth something.

Comment

In going to give this a try. I'll make my son dump the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              In going to give this a try. I'll make my son dump the bucket.
                              Good luck with that...my kids won't even go in the backyard anymore.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Working...
                                X