No announcement yet.

Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a batch this weekend and Holy smokes it's good! Buddy and I drank 3 of the 9 pints that it made. Paid for it Sunday morning when it was time to wake up for church, but with 6 more pints of this stuff sitting in my fridge I can't wait for the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Brockles5211 View Post
      I made a batch this weekend and Holy smokes it's good! Buddy and I drank 3 of the 9 pints that it made. Paid for it Sunday morning when it was time to wake up for church, but with 6 more pints of this stuff sitting in my fridge I can't wait for the weekend!
      Do you have to refrigerate this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by gargetter View Post
        Do you have to refrigerate this stuff?
        You shouldn't have to. The ever clear should work as a preservative.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
          Cooking up a batch as I type!
          This ^^^^^^!

Comment

I had this at Bownanza this year, Im headed home to make upa batch of my own!

Comment

My FIL just brought me a quart of "Apple Pie" from the great state of WV. There is no everclear in it if you know what I mean. Might have to give this a try though!

Comment

going to make a batch this weekend!

Comment

Yummy

Comment

Made some this past weekend and it tastes great, was very surprised at the lack of harshness after using everclear. Sure is strong, got me buzzin pretty good after about 12oz of it!

Comment

OK... So I took some cheap brandy that I had bought for cooking. Bottom shelf, far right kind of stuff.Cheap.. Poured it over frozen sweetened strawberry's and let it sit a few days in a quart mason jar. Then poured the liquid into another jar. Keeping the berries in the jar and poured a cup of sugar over them. I let it sit a day or so then poured the juices off into the first jar and repeated the process a second time. After the second time. of juices into the Brandy jar I tested it over ice.. Wow.. it was dang good. And the berries.. Wow.. they were awesome..by themselves. I am going to go back and try this again..
                      I am sure I could get some strawberry flavored brandy but this was fun. Kind of like reloading for my guns. I could buy it but man its fun making it...

Comment

I made a batch over the W/E and this stuff tastes great !
                        I don't know if it's my tolerance level or because I've had the store bought shine, but I think it should be stronger
                        I'm gonna get another bottle of Everclear and "fix up" a couple of the quarts !
                        Other than being weak, it tastes pretty good.

Comment

I'm getting excited!!

The house smells goooood.
                          Last edited by Chuy; 04-15-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

All I can say is......wow

Comment

Its been awhile, but OHHH So Good! You can easily drink way to much. Then it comes out both ends at once

Comment

Originally posted by HawgEnvy View Post
                                Its been awhile, but OHHH So Good! You can easily drink way to much. Then it comes out both ends at once
                                This happened to me last night. ...

Comment

Working...
                                X