No announcement yet.

House Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Vivint cameras with our security system and so far I really like them.

Comment

Vivint - no complaints

Comment

This is something I was wanting to look into after seeing my Nieces setup. I need to find out who she has hers with. We were having lunch and her phone alerted and it shown her a video of a delivery driver parking in front and walking up to the house and it was crystal clear.

Comment

I've got a home dvr system and Ring system using the floodlight cams, doorbell, and standalone cam ..
          the Ring system is real nice..
          be sure to include any wireless network accesspoints/extenders (you dont have to buy them from Ring) into whatever you are doing though. It requires a good signal to be worth a ****.
          Do wish they would spend a little more development on the ability to have a single page to live monitor all the systems.

Comment

Just installed a Blink system (owned by Amazon). Happy with it so far. Completely wireless and batteries are supposed to last 2 years under normal conditions. We'll see.

Comment

Daughter moved into a new house. We looked at many cameras. These were cheap and I thought to good to be true.

I installed the 4, 3 outside and 1 inside. My jaw dropped at the clarity of these cheap cameras. She monitors them on her smart phone and an alarm sounds when motion is detected off the cameras.

Video is super clear even at night. You can upgrade the system to store in I cloud. She is doing the free one though. I was impressed. Down side is they are not wireless but she has plugs in close proximity.

Oh very easy install and set up.
              Last edited by CrookedArrow; 06-15-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tejas View Post
                Just installed a Blink system (owned by Amazon). Happy with it so far. Completely wireless and batteries are supposed to last 2 years under normal conditions. We'll see.
                I'm about to install a 3 camera system this weekend from them, hopefully it will be good and I'll try to give my feedback as well on it.

Comment

I have a ReoLink 16 camera system that I got from Amazon. I've had it running since January without a single issue. Set-up was easy too. It's a wired system but has POE so you only run 1 CAT6 cable to each camera.

Comment

I went with the Arlo 4 camera wireless system. Comes with its own router and you can set it up to send you text messages when the camera is activated. Nice color during the day and clear black and white at night.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      We went with the FLIR 4 camera hard wired system with digital DVR.
                      Also what we have hard wired with 4k Lorex cameras. Enhanced video is pretty sharp especially at night. Probably not the cheapest of choices but no monthly service fees I figure it's a better investment over time. Most important thing the wife really likes it.

Comment

Arlo pro 2 up since new years with same batteries. One is half way down the driveway. But I turn off when we're at home

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                          ring flood light camera and ring door bell. have had them for a couple weeks now. its a love hate relationship. the flood lights pick up a ton of movement in the driveway, every cat, squirrel, car passing by ect. It has picked up a couple people walking in the alley at 3-4 in the morning. they never came into the drive way to check out the truck or anything... but i imagine thats just a matter of time. you can adjust the sensitivity to the movement it picks up. still playing with that. The ring door bell is nice, the front of the house doesn't have near the activity so thats nice.
                          Hang in there. Keep making tweeks to the coverage area. Took me 3 weeks to tune mine. Had to add time settings also.
                          Crazy sensitive.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                              I bought an Amcrest system online. It was easy to setup.

https://amcrest.com/
                              I have Amcrest. The wife had Vivint . Same house. My cameras are easy to check and replay from my phone. Her’s are great for doorbell, better at night, have a bit of a lag, but you can communicate back and forth with them. If I could pair the two systems, I would have a perfect system. I am going to look further into Vivint to see if they have a DVR and other camera options. She set it up while I was away working for the security system.

Comment

I put in an Amcrest 4 channel last year. I chose hardwired cams and a 1TB hard drive.

It dose what I need and haven't had any issues. If i was going to do it again, I would go with more channels. You can buy an 8 or 12 channel system that comes with only 4 cams, in case you want to add more cams later.

We live in a very quiet and established neighborhood, but driveway theives have become common. They drive accrossed town to quiet neighborhoods to do their midnight shopping... I caught a meth head chick on cam stealing my circular saw out of my truck bed, and a teenager ripping the American flag off my front porch.
                                Last edited by LakeJake; 06-15-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X