Sous vide cookers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
    You can cook meat to the point the texture changes dramatically which can be offputting.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is true! It can turn to "meat mush". Also, eggs are really fun to experiment with.

Comment

What brand is the best to buy, I notice most don't get very good reviews ?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        I think Anova is the most proven brand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Joule. It’s app based, which makes it small and easy to store. I love it. The best steaks (filet), quail, and venison backstrap I’ve ever eaten we’re cooked in the Sousvide and seared for 30 seconds in a Cast Iron Skillet.

It cooks Lobster perfectly too. Haven’t had the best luck with chicken or fish.

Comment

How long have you had them, I know I read about them before on here, but never really looked into buying one. Now that I have I would like like a well made, dependable one. Thanks, looking into both those. Anova looks like its probaly the most popular.

Comment

I've done steak, chicken and pork all with great results. I have noticed that it's better to cook to the lower end of the temp range given. Steaks are cooked around 130°, chicken 155° and pork 145°. I usually finish off on the grill. I found it's also best to season before sous vide, but I have also pulled meat straight out of the freezer and into the sous vide. I need to find something better than my yeti to cook in though.

Comment

Just remember to "undercook" your target finishing temp by a couple of degrees. If you want it to finish at 135* then I usually Sous Vide to 133*. By the time I pull it and finish in a skillet or on the grill it ends up where I want it.
                Also, you don't want to aggressively season the meat during the bath. Save the majority of the seasoning and flavor "adding" to the finishing stage.
                As long as you don't let anything sit too long it is usually pretty hard to mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                  I've done steak, chicken and pork all with great results. I have noticed that it's better to cook to the lower end of the temp range given. Steaks are cooked around 130°, chicken 155° and pork 145°. I usually finish off on the grill. I found it's also best to season before sous vide, but I have also pulled meat straight out of the freezer and into the sous vide. I need to find something better than my yeti to cook in though.
                  Search Amazon for the Rubbermaid lid that is designed for Sous Vide.You can get the matching Rubbermaid 12 qt container and it works great.

Comment

I got one for Christmas and love it. Only tip I can think of is to buy some ping pong balls on amazon. You put them in the water and it keeps the water from evaporating. Only really necessary on long cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                      I got one for Christmas and love it. Only tip I can think of is to buy some ping pong balls on amazon. You put them in the water and it keeps the water from evaporating. Only really necessary on long cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Those look like beer pong balls to me

Comment

Easiest way in the world to make an $8 steak worth $20, we love ours and use it regularly. I did whole pork loins from a 220 lb boar last weekend, and I've had store bought pork loins with more wild taste. Next weekend I think I'll do a brisket...

Comment

Anova was the first to get into the consumer market when only professionals used it. They make more scientific equipment than kitchen stuff. I have two of them, parents have one, sister has one, inlaws have one. All have been working for years.

Comment

I got the Omocook from amazon when it was a lightning deal, I think it was $80. It has done great so far. How does ping pong balls help?

Comment

I got the Anova, but haven't used enough.

Comment

My buddy just got one of these. I’ve never heard of it. Good looks awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X