No announcement yet.

Fleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following as my GS, is having issues, I bought spectraside granules and spray for the yard, bought the pills, @ wally world for the fleas, but,, don't see a change, my terminex, guy says they are bad, and going to get worse this summer

Comment

Taking my 3dogs in this weekend to get bathed while I bomb the house. Got some stuff called “Demon” to spray yard with while they are not there also. Hoping it will kill the ones in the yard. Also putting some stuff on the dogs that goes between the shoulder blades. Got it at tractor supply but don’t remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
        I give my dogs Trifexis it takes care of heartworms, fleas and ticks.
        This is what we use. It works!

Comment

Demon works. We use Bifin XTS. Pretty potent chemical. We had a huge infestation last year and this took care of it. Also treat dogs with expensive Flea Collars.

Comment

This is what I use and it works. My dogs are not outside that much though.

RD

Comment

You need to treat the yard and the dogs. Otherwise you'll never win the battle.

Imidacloprid 1.47% is what you need.
              Compare n save Tree and Shrub drench.

You put it directly on the dogs 1cc per 10lbs. Put it between the shoulder blades and down the spine just like K9 Advantage (same active ingredient).

Then mix a few oz per gallon and spray the yard and kennels.

No more fleas.

(Bayer used to be the thing to get, but they lowered the percentage and added fertilizers and stuff to it. Now it makes dogs sick)

I've tried everything over the last few years. Imidacloprid just flat out works.
              DE doesn't do squat. Bifenthrin and Permethrin wouldn't knock out a severe infestation.
              Last edited by DirtyDave; 06-12-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                You need to treat the yard and the dogs. Otherwise you'll never win the battle.

Imidacloprid 1.47% is what you need.
                Compare n save Tree and Shrub drench.

You put it directly on the dogs 1cc per 10lbs. Put it between the shoulder blades and down the spine just like K9 Advantage (same

Then mix a few oz per gallon and spray the yard and kennels.

No more fleas.

(Bayer used to be the thing to get, but they lowered the percentage and added fertilizers and stuff to it. Now it makes dogs sick)

I've tried everything over the last few years. Imidacloprid just flat out works.
                DE doesn't do squat. Bifenthrin and Permethrin wouldn't knock out a severe infestation.
                Thanks, I will try this.

Comment

Same

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                    the only thing I have found that worked well in my yard was diatamacious earth. Last time I had a flea issue, I bought the big bags of the feed type at Tractor Supply and spread throughout the yard. It did get rid of them. Of course, I dipped the dogs also so maybe a combination of the two worked.
                    Tractor supply has the 40lb bags on sale right now for 17.99
                    This is the best thing I've found it also kills ants and other pests by cutting the exoskeleton.
                    I've got six dogs and live in the Piney woods - Cut the grass short and often - fleas won't lay eggs in exposed areas. By mowing aggressively they just all disappeared w/o any chemicals

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                      Beneficial nematodes. Buy them online. Spray the yard and they will kill the fleas, their larvae and the pupae.
                      I have used the nematodes and it works great. One treatment lasted 2-3 years.

Comment

feed your dogs garlic. It will keep fleas and ticks off of them. I learned this from grandfather and as long as I feed a little garlic daily, I have never had a flea or tick on any dog I have owned and all my dogs are outside working dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          feed your dogs garlic. It will keep fleas and ticks off of them. I learned this from grandfather and as long as I feed a little garlic daily, I have never had a flea or tick on any dog I have owned and all my dogs are outside working dogs.
                          I have heard about the garlic, even used by some people to keep mosquitos away. I have also heard brewers yeast. Just bought some yeast and trying it for the cats since they definitely aren't confined to just the yard here in the country.
                          Quit using the Trifexis on the dog after I saw all the bad side effects it was causing to so many animals.

Comment

Spray the yard with Bifen and sprinkle the dogs with food grade diatomaceous earth. The earth won’t hurt the dogs and can even be used the sprinkle on the carpet lightly brush in and let sit for 12-24 hours before vacuuming.

Comment

Years ago we had fleas real bad in the sandy areas around the barn. We had some folks over and ended up with a nice sized fire that night. Folks around the fire were getting bit from them after dark. However after that we never really ever noticed any fleas around there again. If you can build a fire and let burn into dark. They came to is and died.

Comment

Same here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X