For $19.99 on Amazon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Happiness was a mongoose with skyways and a tuff neck. Shimano guts. Give me a quarter Pike and a dirt track.
    outstanding a blast from the past ,rode 1 one till i got my honda cr100 ( was a 125cc motor with a sleeve down kit frm FMF)

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
      Never heard of it. Looks like I missed a good one
      You haven’t lived life until watching RAD. This movie taught me more about life than high school and college combined. Before RAD I thought watching the original Star Trek with Spock and Jim had given me enough wisdom to run the race. But I was wrong.

Comment

Haha wow! I used to love that movie.
        Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 10-23-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Lori Laughlin learned me that anything is possible in white pants and high heels.
          Last edited by Pigpiggy; 12-23-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

One of the best movies ever and I have scars to prove it!

The trailer is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
              One of the best movies ever and I have scars to prove it!

The trailer is awesome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMeD9nrpfeY
              But did you cry?
              Last edited by Pigpiggy; 12-23-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I was gonna add earlier...about 4 or 5 yrs ago, some buddies of mine some how, actually had the guy who played cru jones in the movie come out to the local trails. The guy hung out all day at their trail jam and took pictures with everyone. When i was racing and going all over the country i used to stay with brian and alan foster, the foster brothers. Was more friends w brian than allen. He used to pick me up at hunting beach airport, then i would ride w him from his house to sheep hills just down the street from his house. Both of them were in the movie also. Id give everything up to go back to those days...

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  For those of you reading this. Let the op be the guinea pig...an original dvd of rad is around 300$ all the ones ive ever seen have been terrible knock off versions. I have one. I love that movie. Grew up racing bmx most all my life till i was around 28 yrs old. Still have my bike. My kids ride now. Was best friends w the late kyle bennett. Spent most everyday riding at armadillo, kyles back yard w him and john purse, going to outback bmx over by willow brook mall, riding the trails at olde oaks, building spots all over houston. Off road peddler is still in business off 1960. Go give rickard your business, he doesnt sell junk. Ive been to every state, every national, raced both the aba and nbl circuits, went to every grand national. Ive ate the asphalt turn in Louisville ky at the nbl grands. Way to much to type, way to many memories. Still know and talk to many racers all over the country.
                  Did you go to Conroe HS?

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                    I was gonna add earlier...about 4 or 5 yrs ago, some buddies of mine some how, actually had the guy who played cru jones in the movie come out to the local trails. The guy hung out all day at their trail jam and took pictures with everyone. When i was racing and going all over the country i used to stay with brian and alan foster, the foster brothers. Was more friends w brian than allen. He used to pick me up at hunting beach airport, then i would ride w him from his house to sheep hills just down the street from his house. Both of them were in the movie also. Id give everything up to go back to those days...
                    That's pretty awesome you got to race and ride with the Foster brothers. I remember them well growing up around the tracks and nationals. Was quite a bit younger and raced against Bubba Harris and a few others for several years. Remember watching Donny Robinson Randy Stumphouser and others. My cousin raced and knew Kyle Bennet and I can remember always thinking how smooth he was on the track. Grew up riding with Chase Hawk on 9th street and capital city bmx. Fun time in my life!
                    Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-23-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                      Send me an angel.
                      Send me a Bartender.....

Comment

This popped up on my Facebook time line a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I know almost all of them. Either from school or the ball park. AJ went to Conroe, but we played ball together. Bobby McLemore's mom Kathy cut my hair and we played ball together. Jimmy and Mike I've known forever and Jimmy lives down the street from me. Cryer, Springer, Pummel and Elrod all went to NC. We knew all the same people.
                          Jimmy elrod, bobby McLemore, Larry pummel, Sherman Loomis, Jimmy verron, Michael verron, Sean larue, AJ downs, Kenny knight, bj Watson, Jason cryer, Craig little, Doug Springer, too many to list. Went to Dixie state tournament a few times with some of them
                          Yessir. Sean's younger brother jason Larue play ball with my little brother Clint. He ended up being a catcher for the Cincinnati Reds. Hell of a player. Their dad was an Umpire in our league at the Oakley Park.

cool thing was I ended up pitching at Conroe High School against New Caney a couple times and got to see all my old Buddies. Good memories.

Small world non-BMX related. Sean moved to my high school as a freshman (New Braunfels Smithson Valley) and I was a senior. He made our varsity baseball team as a backup utility player/shortstop and was a good little ball player. Jason was in middle school at the time. TBHer DamonJ played college ball with Sean as well. I ran into Sean at a private dove field in New Braunfels about 3 years ago and caught up. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                            I don’t even remember the bike brands shown in that movie. Around my location if you owned a GT bmx bike you were hot stuff. . I remember Haro bikes?

Used to hear a lot about Redline bikes too. And of course Mongoose.
                            we were po! our "bmx bikes" came from Western Auto

edit.... OMG.... that's the one.

The Scorpion.

Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 10-24-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Small world non-BMX related. Sean moved to my high school as a freshman (New Braunfels Smithson Valley) and I was a senior. He made our varsity baseball team as a backup utility player/shortstop and was a good little ball player. Jason was in middle school at the time. TBHer DamonJ played college ball with Sean as well. I ran into Sean at a private dove field in New Braunfels about 3 years ago and caught up. Good times.
                              That's pretty cool. I vaguely remember them moving to that area to open a sporting goods store or something like that. I think I have some old scanned team pictures with me and Sean.

Been almost 35 years but I remember mr. LaRue complimenting my curveball when I was 11 or 12 years old. It was a big deal to me since he was an Umpire and saw a lot of pitchers [emoji2]

That plus $0.50 would get you a Frito pie at the concession stand.

Comment

Wow. Found an old tball pic. Sean Larue is front row, 3rd from the right. I'm back row, 1st on the right.

Curt, you may recognize a few more. Demaree Kelly, Chuck Lyons (his brother is a TBHer), Butch goins (I think it was Butch). His dad is the coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X