Preppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
    I would buy her a case of ▼ and see what she says.

[ATTACH]852400[/ATTACH]
    You can make a lot of hats with 2 rolls

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Natural disasters, civil unrest, economic collapse are the most likely scenarios where you would need to have some stuff stored up. She probably has a greater chance of catching a communicable disease from an albino black panther than suffering an attack from North Korea.
      Exactly!

Comment

Always interesting thread, lots of different takes each time I read one.
        Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
        i bought 100 acres about 5 miles from the nearest "town".... (the town is about 100 people). put a sea container on it, had a well drilled and it's running on solar into a 2500 gallon tank. right now, my UTV is out there, and about 40 gallons of gas, and 50 gallons of diesel. I have a couple 30 day emergency food supply (25 year shelf life) canisters out there, a large tent, sleeping bags, and other necessities. there's only 1 road in that is 4 miles long, and you can't see anything from the road.

now, I didn't buy it for this purpose, but it would serve it well. it's always good to have a contingency plan.
        Do you live close enough to the land to get there?

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          Depending on the time of year, you can only live about 3 hours without shelter.

Maybe if you're naked. I usually wear clothes in the winter time and survived a whole day without shelter.

Comment

A case of water would probably serve you better than a case of bullets. Water is typically, the first sold out item during a natural disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Maybe if you're naked. I usually wear clothes in the winter time and survived a whole day without shelter.
              x2 ...That Naked and Afraid show would really short if this were true

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

That is referencing winter time, Sub zero temps with high winds like are sometimes seen in the panhandle.

Of course, some of them northerner transplants could not last 3 hours here during the summer without A/C!

Comment

Originally posted by LAbow View Post
                  I just plan on raiding all the unarmed liberals
                  Problem is, they probably are armed. They just don't want YOU(us) to be armed lol.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                    Problem is, they probably are armed. They just don't want YOU(us) to be armed lol.

Comment

Some folks just worry too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Natural disasters, civil unrest, economic collapse are the most likely scenarios where you would need to have some stuff stored up. She probably has a greater chance of catching a communicable disease from an albino black panther than suffering an attack from North Korea.
                        Ya, I'm not sure what's up with her. She wanted a gun and a CHL last week. Hit me at breakfast with wanting to stock pile stuff. Must be listening to Alex Jones when I'm not home...

Comment

Guns, ammo, gas. If SHTF I will load up and head for either West Tx and find a high fence ranch with solar and a well, or head back to LA and stay in a floating shack in the basin.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                            I would buy her a case of ▼ and see what she says.

[ATTACH]852400[/ATTACH]
                            Tuco you just made my morning.

Comment

Fishhooks
                              Bic lighters
                              Life Straws
                              Freeze dried coffee
                              Beans, Flour, oils
                              Bullets
                              Boneless Skinless Sardines
                              Peanut M&Ms

The list can go on and on