Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Comment

What a great design.. Very well thought out!! Looking forward to seeing the finished Pic's from the field?

Comment

Love this design! I was about to pull the trigger on a Millenium tripod, but the lack of a deck has me wavering.

Comment

Very nice. Many years ago now i bought a tripod from a guy off the side of the road. He had a genius set up. Please excuse my poor art work. But, he welded and extension on a collar under the seat. You can set a removable gun rail in the collar. The rail turns with the seat, so it is always centered in front of the shooter. Makes for a really easy conversion from bow to gun hunting. I've often thought having the gun rail, and a similar one off to one side or the other, depending on right of left handedness, as a bow holder.

I won't be back to my lease until opening weekend of dove season. If you'd like i could take some pictures and send to you. Your build looks great.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            Haha, some folks definition of semi-portable may vary, lol. No, you aren't gonna pick it up and run off with it, but 1 person will be able to easily load it, unload it set it up and take it down.

LOL, u think like me. I considered my box blind portable, but my brother disagreed! Great design!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

great work but I would suggest just leaving that gear box open, no top. just one more thing to get in the way, make noise or get you caught opening and closing. easy access the way it is. if you leave anything just leave it in a plastic bag to keep it dry.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                great work but I would suggest just leaving that gear box open, no top. just one more thing to get in the way, make noise or get you caught opening and closing. easy access the way it is. if you leave anything just leave it in a plastic bag to keep it dry.
                My concern with leaving it without a top is that myself or someone else will forget that it is there, step into it then fall. I think I will live with the risk of getting caught.

Comment

I like it, what material did you use for the seat pedestal?

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                    I like it, what material did you use for the seat pedestal?
                    Schedule 40 pipe. It's the only round stock my steel supply carries other than schedule 80.

I was trying to get this thing completed today so that I could run to the lease in the morning to get it set up. Unfortunately, Murphy had other ideas and has been kicking me where the sun don't shine all day long. The straw that broke the camels back was when the wire speed knob on my welder broke off at 4:15 this afternoon basically bringing progress to a screeching halt.

Comment

Nice design and work

Comment

Nice

Like it. Looks like it will be comfortable to hunt.
                        If you add an umbrella and a "cooler" make sure you put a seat belt on er!

Comment

It's complete. This weekend she will be set up in place.

The bow holder swings with the chair so it will always be handy when I need to grab it. The chair is also mounted to a boat swivel so the bow holder can double as a gun rest if I ever feel the desire to pick up a rifle. Might even be able to use it with a pistol. For the handle on the gear box I used stainless steel 400lb shark leader to help keep it low profile and reduce tripping hazards. The same leader material was used to keep the lid from flopping over when it is opened.

Once up and in place I will post some final pics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

very cool

Comment

Couldnt have turned out any better. Great build.

Comment

Daddy LIKE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X