Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
    How are y'all getting it clear? Mine is always cloudy as heck, from the cider, and looks kinda like ditch water.
    It still tastes good and drinks fine, but it looks bad.

Filter it maybe?
    Martenelli's cider is what I used and it came out clear

Comment

Did I make this wrong or something. Aup of This stuff gives me the runs..

Comment

I added 75ml more everclear to one quart jar and it was a tad strong ! I'll be figuring out how much everclear to add to each quart until it tastes right. .... Gonna be an interesting week-end
        I will be using a liter of Everclear when making it next time instead of 750ml

Comment

I can't make it. I end up sipping on it all before I can give it away as gifts! But it was an excellent Christmas time gift. Cheap but since you made it- it was still meaningful. And people love getting alcohol.

Comment

Great stuff! Made a batch yesterday using the 1liter bottle of Everclear, Martinellie juice. Wife thought it was excellent in her tea. Then had to sample more after dinner on the rocks. Brought a pint to a friend. He called me this AM and asked for more. Finished the pint last nite, said it really snuck up on him it was so good.
            Will give a few more to my skeet shooting friends today.

Comment

Round 2 tomorrow, with big bottle of everclear this time instead of a 750ml bottle !!

Comment

Going shopping friday

Comment

Originally posted by TheoA View Post
                  Going shopping friday
                  Make sure to buy toilet paper

Comment

Originally posted by jrad1967 View Post
                    I added 75ml more everclear to one quart jar and it was a tad strong ! I'll be figuring out how much everclear to add to each quart until it tastes right. .... Gonna be an interesting week-end
                    Add the everclear to the same pot that the mixture of juices are in before pouring into jars. I have added a whole Ltr before and it's still good. Don't forget to add a little whipped cream to the top, apple pie with ice cream on top

Comment

Turned out good with the big bottle !

Comment

I made a batch over the W/E and this stuff tastes great !
                        I don't know if it's my tolerance level or because I've had the store bought shine, but I think it should be stronger
                        I'm gonna get another bottle of Everclear and "fix up" a couple of the quarts !
                        Other than being weak, it tastes pretty good.
                        Martenelli's cider is what I used and it came out clear
                        Round 2 tomorrow, with big bottle of everclear this time instead of a 750ml bottle !!
                        Turned out good with the big bottle !
                        Dang son... Remind me never to drink with you.

Comment

gonna make some of this for a shrimp boil this weekend.

do you guys make a single batch or double up for a crowd?

Comment

I made a double batch of this for the first time and its going down to port a this weekend for a bachelor party!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                              gonna make some of this for a shrimp boil this weekend.

do you guys make a single batch or double up for a crowd?
                              I always have made a single, it makes about 1 1/2 gal.

Comment

Originally posted by firecapt186 View Post
                                I always have made a single, it makes about 1 1/2 gal.
                                that oughtta be enough.........

for me

Comment

Working...
                                X