Why the stupid highway signs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reasons:

Guard rail damage ahead: due to guard rail being struck it is no longer a crash worthy device so, we TXDOT warn folks of this. Generally guard rail is in place where there is a hazard off the road way.

Pass with care: well to me that’s kinda self explanatory, when passing wait for an ample time and don’t create a hazard while passing. Also it’s there to encourage drives to be friendly on the road way.

Loose gravel: we generally put these signs in place after we do routine road work because LRA type asphalt materials generally shell out a little gravel for a few days. It’s a simple warning to CYA.

The road may flood: because during flooding events we like to have signs in place before the flooding happens, so that when someone is driving hopefully they pay attention to such advance warning that the road may be flooding.

All these signs have been implemented due to some one getting hurt so now we warn to CYA. Trust me you would think that people would have enough sense to notice things but they don’t. That’s why on hair dryers It says don’t use while in shower.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      The reasons:

Guard rail damage ahead: due to guard rail being struck it is no longer a crash worthy device so, we TXDOT warn folks of this. Generally guard rail is in place where there is a hazard off the road way.

Pass with care: well to me that’s kinda self explanatory, when passing wait for an ample time and don’t create a hazard while passing. Also it’s there to encourage drives to be friendly on the road way.

Loose gravel: we generally put these signs in place after we do routine road work because LRA type asphalt materials generally shell out a little gravel for a few days. It’s a simple warning to CYA.

The road may flood: because during flooding events we like to have signs in place before the flooding happens, so that when someone is driving hopefully they pay attention to such advance warning that the road may be flooding.

All these signs have been implemented due to some one getting hurt so now we warn to CYA. Trust me you would think that people would have enough sense to notice things but they don’t. That’s why on hair dryers It says don’t use while in shower.

killjoy...

Comment

Bcuz
        Attached Files

Comment

"Watch for falling rocks"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Speed limit 70 sign? Get outta here! [emoji51]

Comment

All these signs are the result of some idiot having an accident and blaming the state and claiming it was the states fault. You know the type, that sits around griping about txdot signs and crying over it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Guardrail Damage Ahead:

Okay, well dang. I was gonna hit that one but somebody already beat me to it. Maybe I can get the next one.

Pass With Care:

Well crap. I was just going to pass grandma going up this hill but now I'll have to wait.

Loose Gravel:

That's it. I'm turning around and finding a road with tight gravel.

This Road May Flood

Yea, but it may not. And it's not flooded now. What to do, what to do.

What's the purpose of these signs other than some politicians brother-in-law is in the sign making business.

The PASS WITH CARE sign should be installed at the downstream end of a no-passing zone if a DO NOT PASS sign has been installed at the upstream end of the zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post
                  All these signs are the result of some idiot having an accident and blaming the state and claiming it was the states fault. You know the type, that sits around griping about txdot signs and crying over it.

No, they are the result of greaseball lawyers, and coward judges.

Comment

Funny you should bring this up. We just got back from New Mexico, and my good friend and I were talking about the very thing and the first two that you mentioned!

The only time I passed with care was when I saw that sign. Otherwise, I just assumed I could pass without a care in the world and oncoming traffic be ****ed!

He stated that we had to turn around on the mountain road because there was guardrail damage ahead.

You are coming along quite well in your training to be a grumpy old phart! I'm very proud of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      "Watch for falling rocks"

Yeah, completely worthless...

Have you ever made a joke about a “Beware of Falling Rock” sign you drove by? Prepare to be scared straight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                        Possibly but actually TDCJ inmates make the vast majority of TX road signs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        Not as many as you would think.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          The reasons:

Exactly.

Comment

Well for some reason here along FM1488 people are just darn mad at the guardrails, They hit one every night and twice on weekends.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X