Mineral blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mineral blocks

Zero experience. Grabbed one of the Gander mountain brand on clearance the other day. This is what it looks like after a week. Is this normal? Guess I should have put a camera on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they don't last long. If pigs find them they won't last one night.

Comment

Buy the American Stockman trace mineral block from Tractor Supply. It lasts a long time and it's six bucks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Make a deer lollipop !
        Attached Files

Comment

Mineral block or protein block? Has corn and looks like a protein block.

Comment

Thats not a mineral block. Yes its normal.

More like deer candy and they won't last long with the elements

Comment

Ok, I think it was just labeled deer attractant block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually throw a block out during the season once the protein stops

Comment

This block is from Tractor Supply. They have been more interested in it the last couple months than previous 3 years....
                  Attached Files

Comment

They use mineral and salt blocks mainly during the summer. Bucks and does as this is when they both need it most

Comment

Ive a brown 95% salt block near a feeder that the deer have been licking on since January. Ive been told not enough trace minerals and that the affect is minimal on development. Rack rock is supposed to be alot higher in trace minerals. It was suggested to me that I buy a bag of mineral feed from a feed store...dig a hole...and dump the minerals in the hole...since the deer normally get it from rocks and soil...theyll return continually even if the feeder runs out.

Ive used one of those berry bait blocks to bait deer, but it also baits every other critter in the woods too.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-09-2017, 07:54 AM. Reason: BaitSpake

Comment

Does need salt when lactating.

Comment

We tried trophy blocks last year and got fooled by the cows into thinking the deer liked them. One particular pen a few heifers kept getting into and that block was almost gone. Made us think the deer really liked them so we 'invested' (they aren't cheap) in like 7 more blocks and the deer never touched them. We wasted a bunch of money on that experiment....

Comment

Those protein blocks break down quick, especially if it rains. Pigs are pretty tough on them too

Comment

I picked up a couple on clearance last year when season ended

Comment

Working...
                              X