Making Progress: getting work done in Coleman county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sippy and big mike yes over 16% isn't of awhole lot of use
    To them, we also planted fruit trees, and mineral sites. Cary Zipp at Gorman/ red chain knows his stuff for sure
    He helped us when we leased over off 585 and 206 outside of Coleman deer loved what he set up for us to use daily and it did well for body weight and antler mass in the 6 yrs I was out there. In fact lease mgr called and said he had my opening back up if I was interested
    I had to pass, still kicking myself. My daughter got our largest to date 147 2/8
    Good luck and be safe to you both!
    Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-04-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Heading out there for the first time (other than short day trips) in about a month. Moving some stands around, hog patrol, feeder filling, and yard work is on the list!

Comment

First turkey we have taken off the ranch, and tiffany's first turkey ever. 9.5" beard
        Attached Files

Comment

awesome! Any velvet pics or hogs coming?

Comment

Great pics of your wife with the bird.

Comment

Any updates from the ranch in coleman county?

Gonna go do some work this weekend, thought I'd see how things have been out that way. Hows the natural browse look? Been hitting the protein?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
                Any updates from the ranch in coleman county?

Gonna go do some work this weekend, thought I'd see how things have been out that way. Hows the natural browse look? Been hitting the protein?

X2. Haven't been able to get out to my place in Coleman either.... Any rain out that way recently?

Comment

I have been in Florida but will be back out there next week. It was very dry 2 weeks ago and only about 1/10th" of rain since then.

Hopefully we will get some this weekend.

In the mean time there is plenty of water out here!! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400722279.177689.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	24305898Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400722301.001328.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	24305899

Comment

Its been a while!

I got a position managing a game ranch south of Brownwood, and 5 days out of the week are devoted to that place. I have neglected my place since may, but have managed to keep the feeders full and am trying to thin out the hogs... all 500 of them.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	08050063.jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24321677

I am playing catch up now. Sometime between the TTHA show, managing the other place, helping my dad at his place, and starting my last semester of college I will find a way to plow and plant I will pay someone to come plow and plant my 25 acres of plots!!. Whew!

I think this is a deer I saw last year several times. It is Tiffany's turn to shoot this year, and she has the green light.

Name:	07271219.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	24321679

Name:	07241058.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	24321678

Comment

Looking good! You have a plate full now. Good luck on getting everything done!

Comment

Let me know if you need help with those hogs!

We're just south of Coleman and have only seen 2 hogs in 9 years! (Not complaining!)

I won't get back there until Sept. Deer should be in great shape since we got a lot of water!

Did your ponds fill back up?

Comment

If you need any help out there with the hog population let me know I live south of coleman near shields and hunt in novice. But I don't have any pigs coming in this year and wouldn't mind working on my aim... nice place you have there by the way.

Comment

Sippy looks dang good bud

Comment

wow alot of pigs....what are your target bucks?

Comment

Awesome thread!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X