Extreme Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Bowhunting

Just left Extreme Bowhunting after 4 of us from Nc and GA made a 2 day trek across country! What a great trip and a fantastic operation!! Caleb was top notch and his dig Champagne was something to see. We all had the Safari package and came home with plenty of critters and have a few more close calls that we couldn't seal the deal on! I can't say enough not only about the operation but the way we were treated by Caleb. It's a long way to drive but he made every mile worth it! His dog Champagne was one of the best tracking dogs I have seen. We had a tough shout on a Ewe and she ran down in the canyons. We thought for sure once she went down there that were done. He set her on the track and she went to working. After about 5 min we heard her baying and sure enough, not only did she find her but she held her up until these flat landers could get caught up to her! That was bonus excitement getting to watch her work! Accomadations were solid and me and the boys had a Great time! We hunted hard and didn't stop the whole time. Already booked for next year now all we have to do is "Hang on"!!
    Attached Files

More pics from the trip... can't figure out how to flip a couple of the pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats looks like yall had a great trip!

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Congrats.

Comment

way to go guys !!! - c

Comment

I was the old guy on this trip. I second the ''Had an absolute blast.'' We saw lots of critters, had chances at many, killed several. Caleb knows his stuff for sure. I feel like this was a true trophy hunt. To me, trophies are in the memories and experiences. For a record book animal, this may not be the best place in the world to go. For the fun factor, and the opportunity to hunt a bunch of species, this is the place. The costs are reasonable, the guide is great, accommodations are decent, and the management practices of the ranch give the hunter the chance at a good representative animal of the species in the packages. My biggest surprise was how wild all the animals are. Bring your ''A'' game or you can easily get skunked here. Everything Caleb told us before the trip was spot on as to what happened. If you want a no frills real hunt this is the place. If you like a 5 star resort and royal treatment, not so much. I'm already booked for next year.

Comment

flipped em for ya. We were there 2 years ago March & thinking about another trip. looks like ya had a great time.
                Attached Files

Comment

we've texted, called but he's not getting back to us. 4 of us looking for dates sometime 1st 2 weeks of Sept..

Comment

Originally posted by ahunter55 View Post
                    we've texted, called but he's not getting back to us. 4 of us looking for dates sometime 1st 2 weeks of Sept..
                    Keep trying - Caleb is often hard to get ahold of,... but he will get back to you. - c

Comment

Hey all. Does anyone know if this place allows crossbows? My Old mans shoulder don't hold up to drawing a compound anymore.

Comment

Looks like a good place

Comment

I'm the old guy in the photos. I have a few arthritis issues as well. I can still shoot vertical, but it just ain't as easy as it used to be. I asked Caleb about crossbows while I was there. He said OK for restricted hunters (Meaning old dudes) for meat hunts. Not for trophy hunting. I took it to mean OK for pigs, does and farm type critters, but not Aoudad and other horned species.

Comment

Thanks for the info. This looks like it's an awesome place.

Comment

It is beyond awesome. I am hard to pry loose from a dollar, and we booked again for next year before we left.

Comment

Working...
                              X