Radical Firearms: Stafford, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radical Firearms: Stafford, Tx

Has anybody bought one of their rifles? Saw a 7.62x39 model today at the gun store that may be my Christmas gift too me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Has anybody bought one of their rifles? Saw a 7.62x39 model today at the gun store that may be my Christmas gift too me

I had a radical upper in a 6.8 and it shot great. I got it at a really good price on sale. This was right before Radical got popular. After they gained some popularity their price went up. Now they are overpriced in my opinion. Other less expensive alternatives that shoot just as good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was really shocked at the price on this particular 7.62x39. I don’t think I’d trust it for a don’t tread on me situations but hog killing I’d give it a go. Thanks for more to think on though.

Comment

I’m running a 556 10.5” barreled upper with forearm on my AR pistol from Radical. Very pleased. I’m using and Aero BCG. It’s been accurate and well put together.

Comment

My buddy has a 458 socom upper we’ve had fits trying to get to feed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
            Have you modified the magazine yet. I saw a post a while back on one of the 458 SOCOM groups, where Radical showed how to modify a common AR mag, so the top round in the mag is higher up, to improve feeding. I saved the post somewhere. I will try to find it. I have a Radical 458 SOCOM barrel on one of my rifles. I have not shot it yet, but before I do, I will modify the mag I planned to use for that gun.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              I found the post. It is actually some magazines Radical is selling, that have been modified.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-03-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

We waited at the shop one day while they tweaked a couple of mags for us. Still misfeeds the first round half the time. Drives the shoulder into the feed ramps.

I'm pretty sure both of his 458 mags look very similar to those.

Comment

I have a .223 upper that I got on a great deal and it shoots great. Never had an issue. Buddy of mine has a 6.5 Grendel upper from them and it’s been great as well. Has dropped a lot of animals with it.

Comment

I don't have any experience with radical, but 7.62x39 in a ar15 platform is my favorite. Make sure you get the cproducts magazines. I keep hoping magpul with come out with a magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                      I don't have any experience with radical, but 7.62x39 in a ar15 platform is my favorite. Make sure you get the cproducts magazines. I keep hoping magpul with come out with a magazine.

Yea that’s the one thing I kept going back and forth on was they suggest ammo storage components magazines for this rifle. But for thermal hunting hogs I just need a few mags and even the 20rd ones they recommend are plenty. The ASC mags are priced about the same as a pmag so no big difference there.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                        Yea that’s the one thing I kept going back and forth on was they suggest ammo storage components magazines for this rifle. But for thermal hunting hogs I just need a few mags and even the 20rd ones they recommend are plenty. The ASC mags are priced about the same as a pmag so no big difference there.

If your using it for hogs 7.62 is a no brainer. Its hard to beat 5 bucks a box for hog ammo. I've been very happy with the bear creek Ar's. right around Moa with steel case ammo and right now they are $189 for a complete upper. I don't know what the radical arms price is.

Comment

I have two friends with 458 SOCOM uppers from there and one of those guys also has a 300 BLK. They have had zero problems with them. Out of the box accuracy was excellent on all three, especially since they were all less than $300.00.

Comment

yes a .300 BO 10.5 inch

Comment

my 458 socom upper is great... i bought a couple of magazines for the 458 from mid south shooters supply,, follower is slightly different

Comment

Working...
                              X