South Texas protein consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas protein consumption

Curious about consumption rates others are seeing.

I am at about 65-75% of normal consumption rates for the past 2 weeks. Prior to the recent rains, consumption was normal/100%. My deer average about 2.25 lbs per deer, per day. Spring is closer to 1.5-2 lbs and summer can get up towards 3lbs if it is hot and dry.

Comment

What are u feeding?

Comment

L&E

Comment

Mine is off compared to what it was post rut but up a bit now in the past 2 weeks even with rain and food plots. With good forbs, browse and food plots it is around 1.5#/hd/day. I feed L/E.

Comment

Our numbers are high.

Comment

Our deer are not eating much! too much other green stuff to eat. They usually start hitting it hard in june and july at out place.

L and E feed here as well.
              Last edited by mastercraftka; 04-24-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I just went to the ranch this weekend and on my little place they have gone through 450 pounds in the past 3 weeks which is really high for my norm. Thats just a considerably higher than consumption this time last year. Post rut they never really hit it to hard. I feed L/E

Comment

Ours are hammering it right now. We are going through about 250-300 lbs a week right now between two feeders on 200 acres. For reference, we are feeding Double Down.

Comment

We have fed 1000-1250# per week since February. On pace to feed 4 tons more this year. We are feeding Purina AntlerMax, first year with the protein. In the past we fed L&E

Comment

Our consumption of Protein is down quite a bit.

They are only eating about 5 tons a week.

They are however eating another 1.5-2 tons of cottonseed as well.

Last year we didn't supply cottonseed and they were eating about 8 tons a week of protein.

Comment

There are some with cottonseed in the pens and that seemed to get hit harder the past few weeks. Strange how the feed pattern goes.

Comment

You boys need more feeders....mine are eating about 4 tons per month

Comment

We have 45 2000 k feeders.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
                              X