Collin County 3D Shoot 3/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collin County 3D Shoot 3/25

My buddy and I set the course for the shoot this past Sunday and when he went to pull the targets Sunday evening he noticed that the men's compound stakes had been moved as well as a black buck target. We set the course to be challenging and fun but not impossible. If anyone from here shot the course and saw someone move the stakes or the target or know who did it if you could PM me with any info I would appreciate it.

Some may ask, why raise a stink over something like this. Well - we both worked hard to set this course, and set it in a manner that would be fun for all as well as challenging to the shooter. The course was set - and if you don't like the way it is set - then don't shoot it and leave, but do not change up the course because you feel it was too challenging.

I forgot to mention one other point in regards to moving of the target and stakes - it is not only unethical, it is also against the rules and will get you kicked off the course. It is cheating, plain and simple, and will not be tolerated.

Comment

That is just wrong!

Comment

Timm - you should have heard Casey when he called to tell me about it - he was pretty fired up - it is wrong and if some one is willing to do this - I personally question their ethics while hunting.

Comment

Did you check with the range master and make sure they didnt do it? I have seen targets moved at their discretion before. Sometimes there are issues with trails and safety that need to be addressed. I am just guessing. I didnt make Sundays shoot cause I worked. I can find out for you though.. Steve

Comment

Yeah he checked the range Sat. afternoon and said it looked good and he looked forward to shooting it - he shoots traditional though and didnt notice the change. If you can find out anything about this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

Shooting Stakes

Well at Salt Grass lets say.
              I set targets on Friday.
              Next day someone WHO didn't shot that tournament .
              YES HIS MOVING STAKES OR TARGETS SO NO ONE KNOW THE DISTANCES.

Comment

I will ask around and see what I can find out.. I have been a amember on and off for about 15 years and I have never heard of that happening before..I might have happened I just never knew it.. Thats pretty strange for our group..

Comment

That ain't right. Y'all worked hard to set it up. no one should move them.

And Greek - that goes double if someone already shot the course.

Comment

we noticed that a bunch of the silver stakes were barely in the ground like they had been pulled up

Comment

Diamond - where was the blackbuck target - were it's vitals between the trees or was it in the open?

Comment

do not remember exactly i know i missed it the first round...had some serious release malfunctions...took care of that today scott is sending me e new one

Comment

Where there kids there that day with their parents? The kids might have moved it not knowing better.

Comment

Working...
                          X