Jeff Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    My hope that this will prompt Congress to get out of the pot regulation business all together. Whatever one's view on the topic (I am not for legalization) it is an issue that should be left up to the states. That's how it's supposed to work - we live in a collection of states, not one big country where the states just exist as "administrative districts" to enforce Washington's rules. Federalism is meant to allow states to act as laboratories for new ideas - other states can watch and see how it goes. As the consequences of legalization become apparent over the longer term, more states can join in or choose not to. That's federalism - something we need more of.
    Exactly right

Comment

Dont know how this effects weed, but it looks like prohibition gets a lot of cops killed
      Attached Files

Comment

Jeff Sessions

Oh so I see. We only enforce laws that we like.

Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Mike D; 01-04-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Gotcha.

Obama's administration pretty much spent the whole 8 years preaching that you only needed to obey the laws you deemed fair.

Comment

I don't like the Tax Laws, can I stop paying taxes with no ramifications??

Comment

^ it worked for Sharpton

Comment

Gotcha.

A few years ago I said I'd carry an illegal knife on me anytime I wanted to because I thought the law was stupid. I caught all kinds of hell.
                In a few short years people want the head of the department of Justice to ignore federal law because they want to get high
                That Obama sure did a number on the country

Comment

Anyone remember chanting “Re-criminalize Marajuana” at 2016-17 Trump rallies ...?

yeah, me neither.

LOCK HER UP!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    My hope that this will prompt Congress to get out of the pot regulation business all together. Whatever one's view on the topic (I am not for legalization) it is an issue that should be left up to the states. That's how it's supposed to work - we live in a collection of states, not one big country where the states just exist as "administrative districts" to enforce Washington's rules. Federalism is meant to allow states to act as laboratories for new ideas - other states can watch and see how it goes. As the consequences of legalization become apparent over the longer term, more states can join in or choose not to. That's federalism - something we need more of.
                    The Feds certainly don't seemed concerned when a state passes laws that constrict constitutional rights (I.e. 2nd amendment).

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                      It's all about big Pharma money...pharmaceuticals lobby to keep it illegal b/c it cuts into their markets & profits.
                      :

And California legalizing marijuana has nothing to do with the desires of the people. It’s about the estimated 1 Billion in tax revenue its expected to generate. From every angle, from every party, it’s always about money.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Obama's administration pretty much spent the whole 8 years preaching that you only needed to obey the laws you deemed fair.
                        So that means we should continue with his "legacy"?

Comment

The entire administration needs tossed out on their ears. Including Trump.

I ain't no liberal by any stretch of the imagination, but I do believe in Liberty. And no, I don't use weed, or any other drug that doesn't have my name on the bottle. The government has too much control already.

This is the worst s#!+ show I have seen since I started inhabiting the planet in 1965.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post

I ain't no liberal by any stretch of the imagination, but I do believe in Liberty. And no, I don't use weed, or any other drug that doesn't have my name on the bottle. The government has too much control already.

This is the worst s#!+ show I have seen since I started inhabiting the planet in 1965.

If you think this is the worst then you haven’t been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post

Trump had nothing to do with current federal law on weed.
                              His DOJ head has no choice but to enforce federal law.
                              If the law needs to be changed, Congress has that obligation, not Trump or Sessions

Comment

If you think this is the worst then you haven’t been paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X