SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
    Hog hunting in the am with my bow. Got a new "Pig Stick" call and some dominant boat urine I'm gonna try.. this should be fun[emoji457][emoji203]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well....? And what's boat urine?

Comment

That's when you pee in your boat, right?

Comment

Ewwww

Finally got on the water. My dad wanted me to ride with him and test his boat. Didn't catch a thing. I guess the last two floods really tore the river up. But I can see a bow fishing trip in my future.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Ewwww

Finally got on the water. My dad wanted me to ride with him and test his boat. Didn't catch a thing. I guess the last two floods really tore the river up. But I can see a bow fishing trip in my future.

Oooooh. That sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Oooooh. That sounds like fun.
            I saw a ton of gar and some giant carp and buffalo in the day light that I could have shot. I will be making a trip again.

Comment

Well now, that is interesting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                Well....? And what's boat urine?

ROFLMBO!! Just saw this- Boar urine, dang spell check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gentlemen! I have officially started a new fishery, and your welcome for disclosing it, because it's so **** fun!

My neighbor and I ran out to some rigs last Saturday in his bay boat. We left out of Freeport and ran straight out to that rig that's in about 100' of water in hopes to find a mackerel bite and maybe see a Cobia. Well about 15 other boats had the same idea since it was so pretty and it was a parking lot... No Kings or Spanish, just a bunch of people holding up around the rig catching Red Snappers that they had to throw back. LUCKILLLYYYY, I had my daughters pink Bear Apprentice rigged for bowfishing in my truck and stuffed it in a compartment before leaving the dock. The rig was loaded with Spadefish, about a football fields worth of them suspended just under the surface on the western side of the rig. Pulled out the pink bow and proceeded to whoop some major Spadefish butt! Got three big ones in ten minutes, depth of shot ranging from 2-5ft. I then gave the bow to my neighbor for a try. He managed to get two more in another 10 minutes, and then he shot without pressing the button on the reel and blew up the gears... Had 5 in the boat, then worked our way back to the pass. It was brief, but I plan on going back this weekend to a rig and killing em till the coolers full. With conditions like last Saturday, you could literally shoot 500 times at fish if you wanted to.

I've heard that Spadefish was good to eat, but never tried it till after the trip. It's better than redfish and trout, that's a promise. Go get you some!!!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Let me be the first to say... That's pretty cool right there. Job well done JJ.

Comment

Awesome story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nicely done Jimmy!

Comment

That is Awesome.

Comment

Sorry gents, been having phone troubles. Think I've got them resolved.

The blast and cast Matagorda event still has openings. Get signed up at
                            Now!
                            Blast and cast men's ministries on Facebook and find us online.
                            Tod, Andy, Scott

Here is your chance.

Comment

Comment

Didn't see any of you guys out there today. What's up?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X