No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see anything out there this morning. Only deer I saw was on the side of the road while driving in.

What new fees are you referring to? The annual public hunting permit was required last year. Plus, that $48 dollar permit goes towards the upkeep of our public lands in Texas. Money well spent in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes the $48 and $12 fees... See anyone else out? Talk to anyone else hunting? Anybody fling an arrow?

Comment

Anyone out there the last few weeks? If so is there any movement or not yet? I'm thinking of heading there for a couple of days next week or the one after.

Comment

Haven't hunted yet but got cameras out. Not much daytime activity where I'm at. Just a couple yearlings and occasional doe in daylight everything else is at night. But that's pretty normal this time of year out there

Comment

I'm gonna give public land a shot this year and this is the closest to me other than San Angelo sp. What license is needed? I have the disabled veterans super combo do I need any other endorsements?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NMHUNTER99 View Post
              I'm gonna give public land a shot this year and this is the closest to me other than San Angelo sp. What license is needed? I have the disabled veterans super combo do I need any other endorsements?

All you should need is the APH (Annual Public Hunting) permit which is $48 to hunt state owned and operated public lands.

Comment

Get your AHP... and archery endorsement if your combo doesn’t have it covered... and come hunt with us!

Comment

Anyone Planning to hunt turkey this fall? I don't know anything about the turkey in that area.

Comment

How is the deer hunting here? I'm planning on coming up first week of general season. Never been the but could get a way a weekend to do some scouting.

Comment

Next qeustion how do all these vet for hunts get started. We're want to make a non profit for disabled vets where they can come hunt for free. Where would we look for the land. It's me a 10 years medical retired vet and another buddy who's medically retired as well then one still active duty Sfc wanting to get this going. Where would be the best area to be looking for land to buy? Were ready to get the ball rolling wouldn't be any cot to the disabled vet and one person he can bring other than getting there and I'm sure we can make that go away as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jvela23 View Post
                        All you should need is the APH (Annual Public Hunting) permit which is $48 to hunt state owned and operated public lands.
                        You were correct I have to go get the APH PERMIT AND ILL BE GOOD TO GO. Gon a try to get down there opening morning. It's only a 6 hr drop from alamogordo. Are there any camp sites?

Comment

You were correct I have to go get the APH PERMIT AND ILL BE GOOD TO GO. Gon a try to get down there opening morning. It's only a 6 hr drop from alamogordo. Are there any camp sites?

Yeah there are plenty of camp spots out there. I don’t know about rv hook ups or water.

Comment

Won't need the hookups got a generator for power and holding tanks

Comment

It is rough hunting the first time if you've never been ?

Comment

It is rough hunting the first time if you've never been ?

No I don’t think so. There is roads all over the place and lots of sign that shows you where deer are traveling. Not to bad I didn’t do hardly any scouting this year due to work and went out yesterday and saw 4 deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X