Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
    So, without crossing Denton Creek or the railroad tracks..... Is there and way to access the area south of Denton Creek and west of 377? I don't want have to worry about my car being where I left it. Is there somewhere to park behind the paintball place to walk in on Cleveland Gibbs?
    you can pay to park at the paintball place, but you must adhere to there business hours and pay the ridiculous fee. i believe they want $15-20 per day for parking. don't park at the white gate blocking the road because the SWAT practices dangling from choppers there and they need to get through the gate with their vehicles. I've met some cool guys out there-they may even tell you what animals they see from up in the air. They once put on an aerial drive for me with the chopper - produced 1 deer/1 pig.

Comment

Booner, was that brushhogging in areas west of 377?

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
        Booner, was that brushhogging in areas west of 377?

Yes. They opened the gate North of the paintball range and mowed the right of way as the road turns north. Then mowed across the fence on the private property that parallels the road to the East.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
          Yes. They opened the gate North of the paintball range and mowed the right of way as the road turns north. Then mowed across the fence on the private property that parallels the road to the East.
          Interesting. Anyone figure out a way to hunt the 35 side?

Comment

It's a secret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
              It's a secret

I'm good with secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
                It's a secret

Being Public makes the secret not so secret! Its simple though, it requires a lot of work and effort required to hunt certain areas since we are limited to foot in virtually all of the publicly hunted areas. I myself don't mind it, even when I'm tired and sweating my *** off, because I know deep down inside that just like the last 3 hunts in the Vine that I wont encounter many hunters at all if any. Most people are lazy and want it to easily and give up after a hunt or so! I will walk for miles and sit for days knowing what I know

Comment

I'm in!

This is my 4th year to put in and finally was drawn. Time to get down to business now!
                  Any ideas on where you will start hunting??? is it your first time to draw???

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                    Any ideas on where you will start hunting??? is it your first time to draw???

This is my first time drawn. I've hunted hogs out there within the last year. I have not scouted it thoroughly yet but I do have a good idea of where I'd go hide/bed down if I had 100 bloodthirsty bow hunters trying to run an arrow through me.

This should be allot of fun!

Comment

This will be my first season to hunt grapevine. I have fished Denton Creek forever but never hunted it. I am super excited. Weather permitting, I will be scouting this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my first time drawn. I've hunted hogs out there within the last year. I have not scouted it thoroughly yet but I do have a good idea of where I'd go hide/bed down if I had 100 bloodthirsty bow hunters trying to run an arrow through me.

This should be allot of fun!
                        you will like what you find if you put the time in ,, keep us posted and best of luck to you my fellow archer !!!!

Comment

I scouted a large area west of 377 today with my draw buddy. This was my first time scouting grapevine so I left my bow at the house. I didn't want to drag it along not knowing where the path may lead. I have to say that today's humidity didn't help the heat at all! I found a pile of corn from somebody baiting and a salt lick hanging on a string in another location. I saw a hog around 2pm on the edge of a field. I was able to get within 20 yards of it before it ran away. The 1 thing I should have taken out of scouts was to "be prepared". I would have had a pigture to post with a hog had I had my bow with me. Anyway, the grass is pretty outrageous in the fields. Glad I took a machete as it was thick everywhere. I can already feel the allergies coming. I found a lot of good spots to hunt though and I am super excited about scouting more to find hunting spots so I can spots for every weather condition.

Comment

When is the redraw? I'm fasting and praying for a chance at one of those Vine deer that don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                              When is the redraw? I'm fasting and praying for a chance at one of those Vine deer that don't exist.
                              November 7th is the date you're waiting on

Comment

Did a little scouting this AM. Pretty sure there are no deer in the vine. Everyone can save themselves time by just going elsewhere. [emoji15]

The last remaining buck left half his headgear.

Saw one deer and heard another two blowing at us. Saw a couple dozen hogs. Had a shot at 25 yards that I flat out missed high. Partner did the same about an hour later. Reality check.

Got camp set up and ready for the season.

Anyone that wants to use it while I'm not there can just leave a tip in the tent.

Also, not sure if this stand set up meets the safety guidelines of the Tree Stand Manufacturers Association.

There is cover and mast galore. The deer should be uber healthy.

Enjoyed my time out in God's creation today!

Comment

Working...
                                X