Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big One View Post
    What's it Take to come hunt with you gar guy? If you don't know it already read everything he writes . A true veteran deer slayer .

I will be second in line on the waiting list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put 7 miles down in the forest this morning. Mainly just checking my favorite spots to see how the movement is. Everything is looking great besides one big whiteoak isn't throwing any acorns this year so the movement was minimal there. Saw quite a few rubs and decided to try my luck at a starting a mock scrape near two rubs that seem to be used year after year. I know of 3 years of use for sure. My only concern is all the people out scouting. Seems like I saw more trucks scouting than I usually see on opening day of archery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^People trying to figure out where Flash is hunting.

Comment

For all you East Texas Outlaws. Just kidding. Just wanted to commend all you guys that put in the hard work and scouting to hunt public land. I shot my first deer in Davey Crocket 22 years ago with my dad. Good luck this season fellas,

Comment

For those of you that use a GPS in DCNF, what map card is the best? I finally got a Garmin etrex 20x and while I was scouting this weekend the forest doesn't show up on the base maps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
              For those of you that use a GPS in DCNF, what map card is the best? I finally got a Garmin etrex 20x and while I was scouting this weekend the forest doesn't show up on the base maps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
              There is a free map add that shows all state and natl park boundaries. Do not remember the name but Google free park boundary map and you should find it

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                ^^^People trying to figure out where Flash is hunting.
                I thought they had already established...over a mineral block

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                  I thought they had already established...over a mineral block
                  Ah, but which one? It is east TX public land after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Ah, but which one? It is east TX public land after all.
                    I thought all land in east texas was public

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      My cousin found this while scouting up there this weekend. It's really got me itching. By Crockett he's referring to the forest. Not the town.

your cousin is chris? i went to school with him im sure he was up at my buddies hunting property. he has a good piece of land up there.

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                        your cousin is chris? i went to school with him im sure he was up at my buddies hunting property. he has a good piece of land up there.

Yes. From my wife's side. Who is your buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          Yes. From my wife's side. Who is your buddy?

Andrew is another bud we went to school with. He has two leases and ones in crocket he posted on fb he was going i assumed they went together

Comment

Spent Sunday walking around some old and new spots. I had 2 cams running since mid-august. Had a decent 8 on one cam but didn't get great pics of him(pic to come). Also had does and pigs on that cam. The other camera in a different spot had a bunch of does/fawns. At 3:30 that afternoon I came around to a pasture that had 10 doe/fawns out in it and then another doe in a different pasture around the corner. I found White, Red and Water Oaks dropping in multiple spots. Found some ladder stands that look to be from last year as well. Cant wait for next weekend.

Comment

Comment

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Looks better than a "decent 8".. But then again they can fool you from behind. Still a great NF deer either way. Nice tine length

Comment

Working...
                                X