Auto insurance shopping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto insurance shopping help

I want to shop my auto and home insurance around for better pricing. Hats the easiest way besides calling a million places? Any advice?

Most companies offer online quotes that you can get in a matter of minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been pleased with Geico. They were even excellent on a couple of claims a few years ago.

Comment

State Farm has saved me a lot on auto.

Comment

You get what you pay for.................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            You get what you pay for.................
            When it come to insurance........I wish, this were true, Johnny---

Comment

Most companies will give a discount the first year to get your business. Watch your premiums rise in year two. JMO and I've seen this first hand.

Comment

Pm

Comment

I just went through my rates with my Liberty Mutual rep and she was able to reduce ours by $700 a year. She has been awesome to work with over the years.

Comment

I use an independent insurance broker. He shops 30+ different lines and does a policy review annually to make sure our coverages are appropriate and we are with the best company available. Been very, very happy. Current policy is homeowners, two full coverage vehicles with enhanced coverages (250k/500k and 100k uninsured/underinsured) and rental car, and an umbrella policy for around $2,200 total annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      I just went through my rates with my Liberty Mutual rep and she was able to reduce ours by $700 a year. She has been awesome to work with over the years.
                      Liberty biberty!

I’m gonna shop around a bunch.

Johnny. I’m not reducing coverage to save money. I just think travelers is charging too much after 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                        I use an independent insurance broker. He shops 30+ different lines and does a policy review annually to make sure our coverages are appropriate and we are with the best company available. Been very, very happy. Current policy is homeowners, two full coverage vehicles with enhanced coverages (250k/500k and 100k uninsured/underinsured) and rental car, and an umbrella policy for around $2,200 total annually.

That’s cheap! I’ve got 3 vehicles. And one at fault accident from 2017. No other claims except a windshield repair. Seems some companies hold that against you and some don’t. Lesson learned there.

Comment

We have had a windshield claim, uninsured claim, and underinsured claim in the last 2 years. Premiums have went up less than 5% over the last 2 years.

Comment

Farm Bureau

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post

This.

Find an independent agent and they will shop around. I have no loyalty to insurance companies or agents and redo mine every 2 years. 99% of the time an independent will always be your best bet. We are with Jim Toman out of Tyler right now. Not sure how many companies he represents but it’s a lot. Another thing, it used to be that if you had your home and auto with the same company that was always your best bet. That isn’t the case anymore. Have had different companies for both the last 10 years as it has always been cheaper for better coverage since I started dealing with independent agents.

Remember that insurance these days is not like it used to be. Same as buying trucks. The agent/salesman has virtually no say in anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X