Tile grout expert opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoneman1 View Post
    I would look into LATICRETE permacolor select. Or one of their epoxy grouts such as spectralock pro. Both are excellent products.
    Laticrete seems to get very good reviews. I know I should use sanded grout on the floor but would I use unsanded on the subway tiles on the walls? We will use very thin grout lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
      Laticrete seems to get very good reviews. I know I should use sanded grout on the floor but would I use unsanded on the subway tiles on the walls? We will use very thin grout lines.
      Use the stuff I posted on walls IF GOING 1/8” or smaller.

I don’t recommend going smaller unless your buying high end and rectified tile (most don’t and have never seen it). It will ensure you keep things straight.... cause I’ll promise, most tile ain’t: straight, square, or flat

Comment

Wall grout really is maintenance free unless you have hard water.

Comment

The permacolor select grout I mentioned will do joints 1/16” and up.

Comment

1. Laticrete SpectraLock Pro, 2. Laticrete Pemacolor, or Custom Building Products Prism

Comment

Originally posted by WDRookie View Post
              1. Laticrete SpectraLock Pro, 2. Laticrete Pemacolor, or Custom Building Products Prism
              Prism seems to be a good one too! Thanks for all the advice!

Comment

Here is exactly what we are using.

Wall tile-

Shampoo box inlay-
                Shop TileBar for the largest selection of mosaics and tiles for any wall or floor or entire project. From backsplash and kitchen tile to bathroom and pool tile, with fast, low-cost shipping and 365 day returns.

Penny floor tile-

Comment

Will look nice. Lowe’s has that tile and blows the door of their price. As modern look as your going for I recommend trimming out in “rondike” vs old school bull nose

Comment

Probably spelled wrong. But you can get several metal finishes and a white pvc. Different profiles too
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X