Elevated Popup stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    Good thought. How would you pull the canvas over the skeleton if the hubs protrude outward? If they don't it might be floppy in the wind.
    Not sure yet. I’ll either make two hoops to fill it out or add a wood frame for real windows on the front wall and staple it to it.

Comment

I used old scaffolding roughly 3-4’ off the ground. Worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        been hunting out of one for several years.
        I'm going to add an internal welded skeleton this year so I can stop dealing with collapsed hubs.
        I might even mount a couple deerview windows to the frame once I remove the pop-up hubs.
        Not sure if this would help, but I use these pop up blind support rods to connect to ceiling hub and floor. Extend it out to make it tight. The top of your blind cannot cave in. I also use screw-in eyelets on all 4 corners of wooden platform (outside blind) and either use paracord to tie down tightly or stout bungie cords from blind ring to screw eyelet. So then all sides are being kept out tight on outside and top hub is kept tight from inside. I simply shorten inside rod and remove when I crawl in to hunt. Never had a problem with hubs collapsing after I started doing this. I usually leave all windows open somewhat too to let wind through and it doesn’t catch as much surface area to blow blind too bad.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mdnabors; 06-27-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Put an eye bolt on each side of the platform. Use electrical wire to come off the eye bolts of the blind & attach to the eye bolt on the platform. You won't have a hub collapse & you can wrap the wire around the eye bolt of the platform & that screw it in a little bit more to snug the wire up.

Comment

Originally posted by darralld View Post
            Put an eye bolt on each side of the platform. Use electrical wire to come off the eye bolts of the blind & attach to the eye bolt on the platform. You won't have a hub collapse & you can wrap the wire around the eye bolt of the platform & that screw it in a little bit more to snug the wire up.
            Mine is just the size of the base so it would be pulling in the wrong direction. I could weld on extensions to put tie down I suppose.

Comment

Mine is just the size of the base so it would be pulling in the wrong direction. I could weld on extensions to put tie down I suppose.
              I did screw some square tubing on the underside of the platform. Have them sticking out the right length & drilled a hole in the end to run the wire through.

Comment

Find an old hay ring, (3) 2x12s and (2) pieces of 5/8" plywood. It will get you almost 5ft off the ground.

Comment

Not a pop-up, but this platform will work with one. Can’t see it very well but that’s kinda the point.
                  Attached Files

Comment

One being built.
                    Attached Files

Comment

been hunting out of one for several years.
                      I'm going to add an internal welded skeleton this year so I can stop dealing with collapsed hubs.
                      I used cheap 4x4 posts, 10' long.
                      Platform is at 4'.
                      Added a tin roof.

There's a 2x2 rail (where the red arrow is).

I put eye bolts on 2x2 rails and the roof, hubs are tied to eyebolts.

Hubs will not collapse.
                      Blind is shaded and somewhat protected from the elements.

Also stairs because...stairs are better.

Hope this helps.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	platform.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	24583979

Comment

Mine have a 2x3 hatch in the floor as a entrance. It’s way easier for the 6’4” guy to get in when it is dark.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I built this one last weekend! It’s 8x8 and will have 2’6” legs. I will eventually put elevators on it and put walls on it. Plan is a 6x8 with a 2’ porch on the back. The pop up is a muddy vs360 and the feeder will be about 20 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Built mine with removable legs and it sets roughly four foot off the ground. Made a trap door in the bottom so I don’t have to open and close the zipper on the pop up. Just push trap door up, clump in, set door down and set chair over it. Works great.

Comment

Try this design. Have been using platforms for pop ups the last 5 years. Only raised about 2 1/2 feet off the ground. Our first designs were 72” x72”. Plenty large enough for 2 person blind. Built little step stools out of the scraps, for climbing in & out. Biggest headache was transporting them to the lease & the around the lease to a suitable spot. So, solution, built the platform in 2 smaller sections. Just joined them together with gate hinges. They fold up like a bifold table. Mounted a couple of handles to grab onto & makes for easy lifting. Each bifold section will have 4x4 legs on the corners and when opened up gives support to the middle. A little outdoor carpet soundproofs it. Good luck

Comment

Have helped a friend set one of these up and was very impressed with how sturdy it was.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...SABEgIZQ_D_BwE

Comment

Working...
                                X