• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am outraged by everything!!!

This is no different.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
      Enormous government contracts approved by democrats and spineless republicans?
      Bingo

Comment

If it is truly a supply and demand issue, they are still stupid for announcing it right now. Bad business move. Slow production a bit and keep it silent for a while rather than say “we are no longer producing civilian ARs” in the middle of the push for a ban on these rifles.

Comment

Colt AR15’s have been over priced junk for the last 20+ years. They lost most US mil contracts and their civi sales dropped. The serpent revolvers were the last guns they made worth owning.

Comment

I think the OP is reading too much into the political fodder of the current times instead of using common business sense. This product has flooded the market. They are overstocked and it does not make them money to continue to make and sell the gun. Its pretty straight forward. Have you emailed Colt to see if they are a liberal or conservative gun manufacturer and if that weighed in on this decision? Or are you just shooting from the hip about how you feel about it?

Comment

Here it is, official panic time! Like a previous response, just watch those AR prices in classifieds to really sky rocket now? With Colt's business decision, now there are NO AR's that are accurate anymore for purchase!?

Price and name are not always indicators of quality folks, but one thing is for sure as mentioned: The credibility of the MEDIA will insure the "Sheep will follow the WOLF," with the exception of us Sheep Dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                using common business sense. This product has flooded the market. They are overstocked and it does not make them money to continue to make and sell the gun. Its pretty straight forward.
                While I agree with you it may not be political, they clearly have no "common business sense" either by announcing this right in the middle of a push to ban ARs. Anybody who has taken basic business courses would know better.

Comment

I think the OP is reading too much into the political fodder of the current times instead of using common business sense. This product has flooded the market. They are overstocked and it does not make them money to continue to make and sell the gun. Its pretty straight forward. Have you emailed Colt to see if they are a liberal or conservative gun manufacturer and if that weighed in on this decision? Or are you just shooting from the hip about how you feel about it?
                  This, not aimed at OP but this crap has been all over the bookface and internet this week with all the chicken little's screaming about the sky is falling. Colt makes an overpriced identical product that 100 other manufactures make cheaper/better. This is a business decision, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Looks like colt caved

they're overstocked? their website says "out of stock" on all civilian AR15 rifles. Then, the origin coming from a dealer, who was likely trying to order rifles (probably not over stocked in his store), getting the email from colt saying "nope". seems to be a strange overstocked problem to have...

Last edited by kyle1974; 09-20-2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

They release a public statement that they’re no longer manufacturing the most hated gun by the left, but it’s not political? Come on fellas!

Colt didn’t just become
                      Over priced in 2019, even though they have a “properly staked castle nut”
                      They announced they are closing civ sales to catch up on LEO and military contracts pending. There is two reasons for this. A) the market is saturated to the point that there are new ar's for sale less than $400 B) They were just awarded a large Mil contract plus outstanding Mil/LEO contracts

It makes sense to play catch up while the civ industry over saturates just like in 2007. It is suck timing as it has been spun by the left but it is understandable.

Comment

they're overstocked? their website says "out of stock" on all civilian AR15 rifles. Then, the origin coming from a dealer, who was likely trying to order rifles (probably not over stocked in his store), getting the email from colt saying "nope". seems to be a strange overstocked problem to have...

https://colt.com/series/M4_CARBINE_SERIES
                        Colt does not do dealer direct sales. They sell to wholesalers who then sell to dealers.

Comment

remember when Yeti hated the NRA?

Comment

Their Market share for AR's has been going down for a long time. Too many cheaper AR's out there. They are still going to manufacture them and market mainly to law enforcement and the military. They have several big contracts for that. Just good business sense.

Comment

The last two I bought were over $2,000. Quality isn’t the problem. There are plenty of high dollar ARs out there. Dozens of manufacturers, but the Original AR15 manufacturer says it’s no longer viable? I don’t see it. It’s not like tooling up for AR15 vs M4 is dramatically different.

Colt has struggled financially before this happened and they won and lost government contracts in the past. When you have retired generals talking about fully semi automatic rifles designed for the battlefield not belonging in the hands of citizens, it’s not a stretch to think some agreement was made for colt to continue to get government contracts.

There are plenty of people in government and the military that don’t think like you and I regarding guns.

As I stated in a previous post, IMO the AR market is over saturated. Couple that with most people wanting the cheapest they can get, I can easily see if being a financial decision.

I also stated that Colt has a past of not supporting the civilian market, it’s not their niche. They tried appealing to the civilian market and offer lower priced rifles when the lost some contracts to FN and Remington but that’s not why most people buy a Colt.

Last I looked you can still pick up 6920 rifles for under $1k. I think that’s very reasonable for a Tier 1 rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                If it is truly a supply and demand issue, they are still stupid for announcing it right now. Bad business move. Slow production a bit and keep it silent for a while rather than say “we are no longer producing civilian ARs” in the middle of the push for a ban on these rifles.

Then people that wanted to buy them would cry about not being able to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X