Question about hearing aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    How do they affect tinidous? Worse than not being able to hear what I want to is the constant ringing that is always there.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    If the hearing aid has the tinnitus feature they can turn on some white noise to help cancel out the other noise.

I tired it and was better having the just the tinnitus. I heard both noise.

It will take you awhile to get used to them. I wear then at work almost 100% of the time... almost never at home

Comment

That stinks. Guess I'll skip that investment. I can live with diminished hearing. The tinnitus bites.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
        If the hearing aid has the tinnitus feature they can turn on some white noise to help cancel out the other noise.

I tired it and was better having the just the tinnitus. I heard both noise.

It will take you awhile to get used to them. I wear then at work almost 100% of the time... almost never at home
        I am 33 years old. I have had high frequency hearing loss and tinnitus for as long as I have known that ringing in your ears is not normal.... Anyway, I have been wearing hearing aids going on 6 years now. I just got a new set of the Widex Beyond Z. They are very comfortable, and I hear my music and phone calls. They also have the tinnitus options.

Looking for quality hearing aids? Explore all Widex hearing aid models and devices, get a risk-free trial and find your new hearing aids today!

Long story short and to answer the OP's question. Yes, you will hear turkeys and much much more. Also, with today's technology wind noise is not bad either.

Best of luck!

Comment

With my Audibel Anthem Platinum+ hearing aids (my third generation of this technology), I have near normal hearing plus with pre-programmed circuits that are controlled with my smart phone, I have an outdoor mode that when activated, I can hear a gnat fart a hunert yards!!
          Seriously, when I first got these things I was amazed how many things I hadn't heard in years... I remember getting frustrated with birds and squirrels rustling around in the leaves makin' all kinds of racket making me think a deer was coming... armadillos were the worst... hadn't heard any of that in years... Well all those sounds are BACK!! Funny thing is, they no longer irritate me. I'm just glad to hear 'em... I can now get a morning nap when sitting on stand and wake up when the critters start crunching on the corn... I can tell the difference between deer, javelina, hogs and such just by the sound they make eating corn...

I love turkey hunting, and I hadn't heard a Kee-Kee run in years... I can now hear a putt from a hen when she's still waaay out there!

You'll be amazed IF they are tuned correctly for your hearing needs. Good luck sir!

Comment

I heard if your were in the military you can get them free.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              I have a huntin buddy that sells audibel in Lufkin pm if you want his info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Isn’t this guy is it?

Last edited by nacohunter; 02-14-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                This is true,my dad just picked his up a couple weeks ago from the VA.He has bought the cheaper ones himself for years.He told me these new ones where the best ones he ever had.

He drove a jeep with a 105 recoilless gun on it,he said the just put their fingers in their ears or wadded up toilet paper.That was in 61-63 said it was really cool till your hears started to bleed.

Comment

What? Did you say something?

Comment

While I really like being able to hear again, does any one think they are a money grabbing scam? I recently bought an all in one computer with wireless mouse and key board and a printer for under $900. One hearing aid costs over a grand. I don't get it.

Comment

I just got fitted this afternoon for "in the canal" hearing aids to see if I liked them. Reception was crystal clear and you wear them for 6 to 8 weeks then they are replaced with new ones. No batteries. Problem is, they are $3800 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had them put in around 4:30 and had to take them out around midnight as my right ear started hurting and when I pulled them out, the right had blood one it and my ear still hurts! Going back tomorrow for the normal ones I had before!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        That's true veterans can get them free through the VA, but as for me I was born with bad hearing. With my hearing I never would have passed the physical to join the military and I would have joined. My dad was the same way he wanted to join but was denied because of his hearing too. Bad hearing is very common on my dads side of the family.

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        While I really like being able to hear again, does any one think they are a money grabbing scam? I recently bought an all in one computer with wireless mouse and key board and a printer for under $900. One hearing aid costs over a grand. I don't get it.
                        That's part of the reason I never have had hearing aids. I could never afford them. I never qualified when I was in school to receive hearing aids and my parents couldn't afford them. All I got was classes in speech therapy to supposedly help with my speech. What would have helped is being able to hear how the words actually sound vs speech therapy. The set oh hearing aids my dad got last year for himself was $4500. The $1500 is a lot for me to spend. I couldn't begin to think of paying $4500 for me.

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        I just got fitted this afternoon for "in the canal" hearing aids to see if I liked them. Reception was crystal clear and you wear them for 6 to 8 weeks then they are replaced with new ones. No batteries. Problem is, they are $3800 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had them put in around 4:30 and had to take them out around midnight as my right ear started hurting and when I pulled them out, the right had blood one it and my ear still hurts! Going back tomorrow for the normal ones I had before!
                        Ouch, hope it didn't cause any additional damage for you.

Comment

Best decision I (my wife) has ever made for me. I began to lose my hearing about 15 years ago and I have been fighting it ever since.

My wife decided that I needed to have a professional hearing test. It showed what we knew all along, I can't hear!!!

We went with a local audiologist (Oticon) and he worked with me for 2 months, giving me loaners to try, never pushing.

In the end the price scared me, but my wife reminded me that with the aids I can hear her, the kids, and all of the other stuff I was constantly missing.

$5,000 is a lot, but being able to hear everything is well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by mole View Post
                            Best decision I (my wife) has ever made for me. I began to lose my hearing about 15 years ago and I have been fighting it ever since.

My wife decided that I needed to have a professional hearing test. It showed what we knew all along, I can't hear!!!

We went with a local audiologist (Oticon) and he worked with me for 2 months, giving me loaners to try, never pushing.

In the end the price scared me, but my wife reminded me that with the aids I can hear her, the kids, and all of the other stuff I was constantly missing.

$5,000 is a lot, but being able to hear everything is well worth it.
                            Bro, be sure and get "The Wife Mode" programmed into 'em!! I just push one little button on my phone... silent bliss!!

Comment

If your a NRA member you can get a discount, mine was 750.00

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                                I hate mine except in quiet places even the blinker drives me nuts. Been wearing hearing aids for 6 years now and I still can't get used to them.
                                Me to I kept taking mine out and also blowing off getting tuned
                                I guess I should try them again

Comment

Working...
                                X