No announcement yet.

On Call Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No comp pay for me only the time I get is when I’m called out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      I like beer too much to work like that.....
      Dilly Dilly!!

Comment

Even in the medical field, we get paid to be on call. Might not be enough to make us rich, but something non the less

Comment

Ok everyone that has to be on call that isn't being paid to be on call, Is it in writing anywhere about being on call? Is there a HR policy ?

Comment

Before I retired, got minimum 4 hour call out pay. Called out on holidays was double time and a half. Worked over Christmas holidays once and was paid time and time and a half on 14 hour day. Nice pay check.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              I like beer too much to work like that.....

Comment

I'm the Manager and I'm on call 24/7. Neither myself or my Team get any financial comp when on call.

I do try and take care of folks and track who's on call from Holiday to Holiday to ensure they don't get on-call the same time next year.

And if someone does have to put in extra hours for being called, I try take care of them later with a 3 day weekend here or there. Wish I could pay them extra, but its not my company.

Comment

Why do you have to stay home and not go w the family? If they are traveling out of the area that lets you make your response time, I understand. But if not, you should be able to go with them? I spent 37 years on call, recently retired...I am enjoying not having to worry about the phone ringing

Comment

I’m on call right now and we don’t get anything unless we’re called out. That’s rarely an issue because we usually get all we can handle. I went on call at 7:30 yesterday morning and I’ve already worked 25hrs.

Comment

Try being the boss of all the guys “on call”. You’re never not on call. Comes with the territory on each promotion.

One week every 6 isn’t bad at all.

Comment

On call every other weekend. Have 30 minutes to return call/page and 1 hour to get to the Cancer Center. Call pay is $25 per day $50 per holiday day to be on call and minimum 3 hours at time and a half equivalent (I am salary) for being called in.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          Try being the boss of all the guys “on call”. You’re never not on call. Comes with the territory on each promotion.

One week every 6 isn’t bad at all.
                          This is the exact reason I passed a job in supervision a couple years ago. I was the interim supervisor. The company would not let operations call the technicians directly, so all calls came through me. We were very busy, and short handed. I couldn't see going on salary, losing money, and being tied down even more.

Comment

When I worked in oil field in the 70's and 80's and was on call 24/7 it was considered part of the job and included in the pay. No compensation for on call or being called in. On call compensation is good for what you guys are describing above.

Comment

We get $23 a day for being on call, then time and a half for anytime you actually respond. As the supervisor I’m always on call and only get compensated if something happens that I have to respond to. I take phone calls all hours of he day and night, but they give me a cell phone allowance, so I guess technically I’m compensated for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                We get $2/HR when on call, time and a half if you get called in. Minimum of 2 hrs pay
                                This. Double time on holidays and neuro incentive when im on neuro call.

Comment

Working...
                                X