Who Feeds Medicated Protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    I’ve been using a wormer in feed every spring at green up for years both La and Mexico. It makes sense to me that reducing or eliminating the parasitic load can only help. I hate finding deer with a bazillion ticks on them. Can’t be good. I don’t buy the idea that worming deer may create immunity problems. What I know for sure is that deer without wormer can be loaded with internal and external parasites. Reducing or eliminating that can only help just like w any mammal

Amen....

Comment

Yes we do it but before you get all ready to do it, get a sample of your deer droppings, (must be fresh, you have 5 days from time of sample to having it checked). Take this sample to L/E and they will run it to see if you have the need for the medicated protein. If you do, then L/E will tell you how to feed it.
      I think the way we did it was.....You will need to fill your protein feeders about 1/3 full, or they will tell you how much of the medicated protein, (nothing else in it) and let the deer eat....once it is gone go back to regular protein....

Comment

This is a joke right?

Comment

We do it 4 times a year, the owner is a Veterinarian and checks samples before and after, we do see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
            This is a joke right?
            Why would you say that? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
              We do it 4 times a year, the owner is a Veterinarian and checks samples before and after, we do see the difference.
              Wow, good deal. Never heard of anyone doing it 4 times a year

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Wow, good deal. Never heard of anyone doing it 4 times a year

You kill all the unhatched eggs with the first round, come back in another 2-3 weeks and do it again to kill off the rest. We do that twice, guess it’s only twice a year but do it 4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                  You kill all the unhatched eggs with the first round, come back in another 2-3 weeks and do it again to kill off the rest. We do that twice, guess it’s only twice a year but do it 4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Gotcha... good deal! I'm sure it's made a tremendous difference on your herd.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

We started feeding the wormer in the spring also. Think this is our second year to do it. We get ours in Mexico same type as Elgato uses figure it cant hurt. we have been feeding protein for many years thinks it makes pretty big difference in heard. Wish I could afford to feed more.

Comment

Good information we may think about implementing this on our feeding in February so they can recover from the stresses of winter and the rut.

Comment

I didn't know you could get this. I will absolutely do this after the season is over. I was trying to figure out a way to spray the wild deer with permethrin effectively. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know where to get a medicated protein in North TX??

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                            We started feeding the wormer in the spring also. Think this is our second year to do it. We get ours in Mexico same type as Elgato uses figure it cant hurt. we have been feeding protein for many years thinks it makes pretty big difference in heard. Wish I could afford to feed more.
                            Great feed with proven results! Nothing wrong with that!

Comment

We feed it this year for the first time. Didn't notice any difference at all . We did 2 times about a month apart.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                We feed it this year for the first time. Didn't notice any difference at all . We did 2 times about a month apart.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                                Interesting, what brand were y'all feeding?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X