Deer feeder pen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer feeder pen

Do you use hog panel or cattle panel to make yours? What diameter do you have yours? And if you do not mind why you use hog or cattle panel.

TIA

Craig

I have used both type panels. I had to use cattle panels on one place where the cattle kept getting inside the pen. The little pigs can still get into pen thru the larger wire spacings but not the bigger pigs. Hog panels work well if you do not have livestock that will jump into the feed pen.
    Most of my pens are 10-11 panels and all are round.
    Last edited by texashunter56; 02-26-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Hog panels 10 of them. Never had a problem with any livestock getting in them YET

Comment

I have a giant feed pen made with 16 hog panels. So far no problems. The pen is a bit egg shaped with my bow box ground blind up against it. 20 yards to the feeder and 31 yards to the opposite side of the pen from the blind.

Comment

Mine are out of cattle panels
          They are all 96'x64'

Why I used cattle panels is the rancher had an almost endless supply of the and even more t posts.... told us to use all we wanted but if we ever get of the lease.... we gotta take them with us

Comment

We have always used hog panels and have never had any issues with cattle getting in them.

Comment

Have only used hog panels. They worked just fine

Comment

I use hog panels and haven't had problems with cows getting in my pens. Mine are circular and made of 10 panels, but I'm going to move one this spring and may expand it to 12 or 14 panels. I prefer hog panels because I want my pens to be as short as possible while still keeping cows and hogs out. The shorter they are the more likely deer are going to be comfortable jumping and feeding inside and it is easier to watch and shoot through or over.

Comment

14 panels, 60 ft. diameter.

Comment

12 or more 34" hog panels in a circle. Cattle will jump the panels to get to your protein pellets, but deer get used to jumping them very easily. So we use them and build a separate barb wire fence 10 yards outside the hog panel pen. Best option I've found for keeping cows out. No Barb wire needed if you don't have cattle.

Comment

Cut cattle panels in half and ran a strand of barb wire about a foot above the top to keep goats out

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

10 hog panels round....I know I am going to jinx it but have never had a problem with cattle getting the pen.

Comment

If you are just trying to keep hogs out then by 5 or 6 and cut in half.

Comment

I use 8 hog panels to keep the hogs and cows out of the pen. You can use cattle panels, but they are a little tall and if used, you need to trim some off the top to lower them a little.

Only had cattle get in the pen once! Sure made a mess of the pen going and coming!

In this case, Bigger is always better!!!!
                            Last edited by Flint knapper; 02-27-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I use hog panels, no cows, bigger area is better, would say 12 panels or more would be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X