Tbot arrow rest re-clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
    Not at all happy about changing my set up right here 3 weeks before Hill Country...REALLY frustrating!!!
    Welcome to the green screen skunklady and sorry to here about your fustration but at least you still have three weeks to prepare.

Comment

For all of those saying to "keep the rules the way they are" ....can you please point me to the rule that says no rests?

Not trying to cause trouble..I just want to understand where you are coming from. What is the rule, where is it written, who established the rule and if it was implemented 2 years ago, why have there been so may shooters using rests at the Hill Country Shootout.

Please help me understand your position.

Comment

Originally posted by paulvrana View Post
        For all of those saying to "keep the rules the way they are" ....can you please point me to the rule that says no rests?

Not trying to cause trouble..I just want to understand where you are coming from. What is the rule, where is it written, who established the rule and if it was implemented 2 years ago, why have there been so may shooters using rests at the Hill Country Shootout.

Please help me understand your position.
        This is why we are where we are!The no moving parts in the rules was supposed to take care of the rest issue(I guess)but the problem is the stick on rest have no moving parts and were legal until the rule change that wasn't changed two years ago.I have a feeling a more detailed set of rules are in the making.

Comment

Wing Recurve, made in Texas.

Comment

Shabow -- I agree that the current rules do not prohibit stick on rests.

Also, the way I read the TBOT constitution and bylaws, the rules (which are a part of the constitution -- see Part 3 of the constitution on the website) cannot be changed without a 2/3 vote of the TBOT members per the following rule:

Article X
            Changes to the Constitution / Bylaws
            The Constitution may not be changed, modified and/or amended unless approved by a two-thirds popular vote from the membership of TBoT.

When did this vote occur?

MY POINT IS THAT IF THE RULES ARE GOING TO BE CHANGED, THE TBOT CONSTITUTION REQUIRES A 2/3 VOTE OF THE MEMBERS.
            Last edited by paulvrana; 03-19-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulvrana View Post
              Shabow -- I agree that the current rules do not prohibit stick on rests.

Also, the way I read the TBOT constitution and bylaws, the rules (which are a part of the constitution -- see Part 3 of the constitution on the website) cannot be changed without a 2/3 vote of the TBOT members per the following rule:

Article X
              Changes to the Constitution / Bylaws
              The Constitution may not be changed, modified and/or amended unless approved by a two-thirds popular vote from the membership of TBoT.

When did this vote occur?
              I am not sure how this works but I would think 3D rules might not fall under said voting requirements.

However, someone did say that it was voted on two years ago.

How many TBOT members will actually be affected by said change in regards to arrow rest vs non-arrow rest?

I feel for Bud and the entire TBOT EC because this issue has certainly already changed the beloved Hill Country shoot.
              Last edited by axisbuck24; 03-19-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

The rules at issue are part of the constitution (see part 3 of the constitution on the website).

The constitution cant be changed without a 2/3 vote of the TBOT members (i.e. not the executive committee) -- the first post in this thread said the executive committee changed the rule.

THE RULES SHOULD BE CLARIFIED. IF YOU WANT TO COMPLY WITH THE TBOT CONSTITUTION THE NEW RULES SHOULD BE CIRCULATED TO THE TBOT MEMBERSHIP FOR VOTE.
                Last edited by paulvrana; 03-19-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

ShaBow: "the problem is the stick on rest have no moving parts"
                  This seems to be the thinking of others also, which rest would this be? I don't recall any stick on rest that doesn't move?
                  Last edited by r2h; 03-20-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I shoot a bow with ILF limbs, they are somewhat adjustable for weight and tiller. Not a solid piece and has movable parts. According to the rules it is not legal. No problem.
                    Last edited by r2h; 03-20-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I have a headache.

Comment

I think the K.I.S.S. is most attractive to me..

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                          I think the K.I.S.S. is most attractive to me..
                          I agree completely Terry. That's exactly what I was attempting to promote when I broached the possibility of a year round annual state competition within the TBoT organization.

The simple concept quickly got turned around into anything but simple and it was apparent to me that it was not going to accomplish anything but conflict and strife within the organization.

It is quite obvious that you can't please everyone. Rick Nelson had it right.

I feel for the TBoT EC as a whole , and for Bud Murphy and Todd Smith in particular. I love the TBoT organization and all it represents and stands for. SIMPLE is a BIG part of what TBoT represents and what it got right in it's original inception. I am for anything that doesn't metamorphose it into the likeness of all of the other archery organizations.
                          Last edited by fletcherfor2; 03-20-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

K.I.S.S.
                            x2 rubydog and flectherfor2 TBOT's intent

Terry, need some arrows, could you please e-mail me.

Comment

The simplest rule would be….

The bow must be shot off the shelf, the shelf and strike plate can be padded with leather with or without hair, feather, moleskin, Velcro or other similar materials, however; no plastic, metal, rubber or any combination of those materials may be used.

Comment

I also LOVE the K.I.S.S. concept, but making, and clarifying rules does not have to be complicated. Actually in the long run doing so simplifies things immensely.

Last year I asked the same question about the rests.
                                I got multiple answers, and one that said, awe just do it, nobody pays any attention to it anyway.

Well yea - OK - I promptly set about converting my rigs back to being shot from the shelf. I was shooting vanes at the time, and it's no easy task, but I got it done.
                                I'm still capable of shooting pretty good scores every now and then, and no way I wanted to shoot a good score anywhere, and leave the door open for some sort of problem afterward.

Shooting off an elevated rest does have it's advantages. Not only in making it easier to tune, but an elevated rest of any kind is more forgiving of mistakes made upon loose.

That said - I actually prefer shooting from the shelf. Always have, but in my humble opinion - if you restrict all shooters to a "must shoot from the shelf" rule, then you are going to exclude a large number of shooters from an organization that is already somewhat exclusionary to certain genres of recurve, and longbow shooters.

No offense intended with the exclusionary comment. Simply food for thought.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X