No announcement yet.

Wanting suppressor for hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Helotes Tactical has a Gemtech Tracker for 469. The gent there said it's a good can for what I'll be using it for (hunting with supers and subs in 300 bolt gun). Any info on this can?

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
      So Helotes Tactical has a Gemtech Tracker for 469. The gent there said it's a good can for what I'll be using it for (hunting with supers and subs in 300 bolt gun). Any info on this can?
      I know a lot of guys with suppressors. I literally don't know one who has a Tracker. That's not to say it's a bad can, but there are just so many others that are more popular. I'm sure the price is hard to ignore. If you are looking at that, you should also look at the SilencerCo Harvester.

Comment

Edit: STOP THE TRAIN

You need to buy a SilencerCo Omega: https://silencerco.com/summer-kickoff-promotion/

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          I know a lot of guys with suppressors. I literally don't know one who has a Tracker. That's not to say it's a bad can, but there are just so many others that are more popular. I'm sure the price is hard to ignore. If you are looking at that, you should also look at the SilencerCo Harvester.
          I have a Gemtech Tracker. It's short and light and does the job. It's going on the bolt action. 243 I just obtained. However it does have a round per minute rating.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to buy a SilencerCo Omega: https://silencerco.com/summer-kickoff-promotion/
            Dude... Chase bank thanks you for your contributions....

Ordered an Omega 300, now to decide on which other one i want...Happy Fathers day to me!!!

UGH... why am I so irresponsible?
            Last edited by Chuy; 06-14-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
              Dude... Chase bank thanks you for your contributions....

Ordered an Omega 300, now to decide on which other one i want...Happy Fathers day to me!!!

UGH... why am I so irresponsible?
              Hey man, this deal doesn't start until mañana.

Comment

Hey man, this deal doesn't start until mañana.
                true. Thankfully they are forward dating the invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  Been happy with a AAC 7.62 SD.

Shooting a Ruger American in 300BO with 185gr Amax subs(50yds) and 150gr Winchester Power point supers for 100 yd ranges.
                  This has been dropping hogs and Axis for a while now.
                  My neighbors nephew shooting the set up I speak of. I am happy with how this suppressor works. Click vid.
                  KVID0720 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                  What's the POA shift on yours?

Mine is garbage... inconsistent POA shift from 2 to 6 MOA on any gun I put it on... ugh

Comment

Yea, I got that email too. Two weeks after I ordered an Ultra 7.

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    What's the POA shift on yours?

Mine is garbage... inconsistent POA shift from 2 to 6 MOA on any gun I put it on... ugh
                    It’s not a Precision can at all. It’s heavy, doesn’t lock up tight enough and it’s QD. In saying that, it’s tough as nails, mag dumps all day. If you’re into that nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My purpose for the can is quite simple. I want a lightweight, lifetime warranty, short, quiet can that'll handle a 300blkout bolt gun in a hunting situation. I've narrowed it down to two cans, Gemtech Tracker and the Silencerco Harvester. Wish I could test before buying lol.

Comment

I’d go harvestor or chimera with their promo going on

I’m probably caving on a chimera to get a octane

Edit: actually the harvestor wouldn’t qualify I guess
                        Last edited by 150class; 06-15-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I think im going with the Spectre as my freebie. I dont have any use for a pistol can.

Comment

I have a YH I own a few others and for the money its hard to beat .. I really like it and plan to add to my next bolt gun its on a 556 right now . Also the one can many calibers is getting very popular on the QD again tons of options ..

I have shot the Omega and its a very nice item .. Good luck

Comment

Would the Omega be the closest to a precision can that SilencerCo has?

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
                                Would the Omega be the closest to a precision can that SilencerCo has?
                                Probably the Chimera (hope I’m spelling that right)

Comment

Working...
                                X