BGE 8 hour brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGE 8 hour brisket

Anyone ever do one? I was thinking about it since I didn’t get up early this morning but wondering what y’all experience was if anyone ever did it..

Works great, and very moist!
    Smoked brisket cooked using the Texas Crutch method (wrapped in foil) is incredibly juicy and tender. Wrapping your meat lessens cook time and makes for a

Comment

Works great, and very moist!
      Smoked brisket cooked using the Texas Crutch method (wrapped in foil) is incredibly juicy and tender. Wrapping your meat lessens cook time and makes for a
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
        Anyone ever do one? I was thinking about it since I didn’t get up early this morning but wondering what y’all experience was if anyone ever did it..

I have a little different experience than others here. On the egg when I've wrapped brisket in foil it comes out too moist. Super tender and flavor is great, but it is almost dripping wet on the outside with no bark. Still good, but not a traditional smoked brisket look or feel.

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
          I have a little different experience than others here. On the egg when I've wrapped brisket in foil it comes out too moist. Super tender and flavor is great, but it is almost dripping wet on the outside with no bark. Still good, but not a traditional smoked brisket look or feel.

Try pink butcher paper instead of foil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Try pink butcher paper instead of foil.

I'll try that sometime. The last few I've done I've gone with no wrap and no water pan. Comes out with great crust and very moist.

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
              I'll try that sometime. The last few I've done I've gone with no wrap and no water pan. Comes out with great crust and very moist.
              What temp do you usually set the egg to? I didn’t end up doing it Sunday but I’m gonna try this weekend and I really don’t want to be up at 4:30 to put it all together..

Comment

What temp do you usually set the egg to? I didn’t end up doing it Sunday but I’m gonna try this weekend and I really don’t want to be up at 4:30 to put it all together..
                I run temps at 275 and wrap in paper when internal temp is 165.

Comment

what temp do you usually set the egg to? I didn’t end up doing it sunday but i’m gonna try this weekend and i really don’t want to be up at 4:30 to put it all together..

225-250

Comment

Although I have a BGE, I normally do my briskets in my side firebox stick burner. On the BGE, are you putting in the conveggtor accessory to prevent direct heat?

FWIW, I run my smoker at 250, wrap in pink butcher paper at an IT of 170, pull it off at 203. Let it rest for at least an hour. My best briskets I’ve let rest in a cooler for over an hour, and they are incredibly moist.

Comment

No need to get up at 4:30 to do one. If you cook it at 275 to 300, you can have it done in 5-6 hours depending on brisket size. I like to cook mine on the BGE in a tin pan, indirectly. Cook for about 3 hours uncovered in the pan. Add a can of coke and a cup or two of apple juice then cover the pan with foil. Cook about 2 more hours then check the temp. You can pull it anywhere from 185 to 205 and will get a good product. My preference is on the higher end. Then let it rest anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Should be good to go.

Comment

Well I’m gonna do a long cook on this one cause I need it around 12-2 tomorrow an hour away so I’m gonna throw it on around 10 using the egg genius, not gonna wrap but will put a water pan underneath

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                          Although I have a BGE, I normally do my briskets in my side firebox stick burner. On the BGE, are you putting in the conveggtor accessory to prevent direct heat?

FWIW, I run my smoker at 250, wrap in pink butcher paper at an IT of 170, pull it off at 203. Let it rest for at least an hour. My best briskets I’ve let rest in a cooler for over an hour, and they are incredibly moist.

I’m gonna use the conveggtor on this one.. I like fire box smokers but don’t have the room for all I got now.. plus the egg genius is gonna help with with the all nighter

Comment

Well I’m gonna do a long cook on this one cause I need it around 12-2 tomorrow an hour away so I’m gonna throw it on around 10 using the egg genius, not gonna wrap but will put a water pan underneath

I’m dropping mine in the BGE at midnight. About to get the fire right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5729.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	24613806

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I’m dropping mine in the BGE at midnight. About to get the fire right.

[ATTACH]999342[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              How long you cooking it for? I thought about setting the egg up right before bed, setting alarm to throw it on the back to bed.. I just don’t want to leave it on too long..

Comment

Working...
                              X