Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
    I did the same steps as Ca$ey, soaked the skull in water, and few days later, you can get the horns off. The disadvantage is that the horns are stink. Took me more time and efforts to get rid of that smell. But you can still smell it from very close. Someone knows how to clean the horns after they come off?

Here is how it looks like (a small blackbuck from one friend's ranch).
    Nice!!!

Comment

I am very glad to find this thread. Got some new ideas to improve my method. I didn't use Rid-x before, just pure water. So it takes various length of time to complete, may depend on the temperature I guess. Next time, I will add some rid-x, hope it will speed up the process.

I would add two more steps to this procedure (I didn't read every past replies, so excuse me if they are redundant).

A) I would use all-purpose glue to bind loosen teeth and/or bones. All-purpose glue will be invisible after dry.
      B) After the mount is full dry, I would pray a light coat by dull or semi-glossy clear finish. This will give a protection and easy to clean.

I accidentally picked this skull from a wild place, and made my first Euro mount.
      You spray just the skull or skull & antlers???

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
        You spray just the skull or skull & antlers???
        Just the skull.

But, I did spray the horns of that blackbuck to make it a little bit shiny
        Last edited by cy100; 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Just the skull.

But, I did spray the horns of that blackbuck to make it a little bit shiny

Thanks

Comment

Very helpful

Comment

Ok since the BB is a gonner I started the whitening process with the mixture of sallys beauty supply products. It made a great paste.

Then i saran wrapped it. And plan on waiting 24 hours.

Only question... Do i need to set it in the, sun?
              Attached Files

Comment

I think the H2O2 should be enough without the sun. I could be wrong.......

Comment

Sweet. I think it looks good.

I think I may try to darken up the horns a bit tomorrow... Seems they got a little washed out on me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                    Sweet. I think it looks good.

I think I may try to darken up the horns a bit tomorrow... Seems they got a little washed out on me.
                    So did you set it out in the sun or just the H2O2?

Comment

Finished products #1 and #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372990230.608353.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	24216589

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372990247.082154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24216590

I just have the axis buck now to finish here shortly

Comment

Goin to do this.Tthanks

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to the top. I've had a skull soaking in just water for the last month and now it a frozen block of nastiness! Supposed to be 12 degrees at sunup here at sunup!

After it gets above freezing outside I'm buying an aquarium heater and some RidX to finish it off.

Comment

Just put the sally beauty supply peroxide paste on a turkey skull... Anybody know how long to leave it on a small animal? The same 24 hours?

Comment

Just found this thread. Shot an 8 point at the end of November, cut the head off and hung it up hoping to do something with it. I remembered 2 weeks later and stuck it in a bucket of water. It's been there 2 weeks. After reading this thread, I stole some rid-ex from under the sink and put some in the bucket. I will check on it in a few weeks. At least haven't hurt anything by being neglectful.

Comment

All look good

Comment

Working...
                                X