No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found corn on the ground in area 5. I don't know why it ****** me off so much!

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
      Found corn on the ground in area 5. I don't know why it ****** me off so much!
      Report it, if someone is corning it they're probably coming back and should be an easy catch.

Comment

I reported it.

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
          I reported it.
          Good, anything anyone kills over corn at Amistad is worthless and negates any achievement they might have had. I don't care if it's a big 10 someone kills out there, you kill it over corn it may as well be a button buck and you're no hunter. You wanna go stare at a feeder then get a lease, Amistad is for hunters who want the challenge and reward of a true natural hunt.

Comment

Amen, I'm with you brother!

Comment

I drew blood on a giant!!
              Attached Files

Comment

JK it's a spike. I know some people will frown on it but I will be eating good!

Will share what I saw today as far as activity at some point tomorrow.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice! That looks like a legitimate spike to me.

Comment

Congrats man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                      Congrats man!!!!
                      Sergio!!!...how are you? Hope all is well and have a very merry Christmas!
                      Fred

Comment

Here is my observation of deer movement for area1: not sure what time deer are moving but there was sign everywhere I looked. I generally sit in draws so don't have a view of a lot of area unless I am scouting. On Thursday, I saw & spoked 4 to 5 does walking around near the main hicking trail that leads towards the back end. This was as I walked in at about 1400... The hicking trail has more deer sign than I have ever seen. There is sign that a lot of hunters have been out there hunting as well. Most of the human sign ends within the first 1.5 miles. I walked in about two miles (that is on the trail not in a straight line). There was many, many trails towards the back that are torn up from animal traffic. Mind you, some of it is from a small group of goats.

I will be trying to hunt again at some point next week. Good luck to all of you coming out to hunt Amistad.

Comment

Nice kill Pedernal! Shot a healthy spike there last year myself. Anyone been on 2 lately? I'll be making a trip out there next week with a group. Just wondering how green it is and how healthy the deer look.

Comment

Anybody gonna be in Area 4 any time soon? I left a couple trail cameras in the middle of the cove and I won't be back til next year. If you're out there, here's the coordinates, I would love it if someone could grab them and hold on to them but if nothing else somebody gets some free cameras. Help yourself to the pics on them.
                            29°30'13.72"N
                            100°57'58.43"W

Comment

^^^Not sure when but I will try to get out there and pick them up for you... I will let you know...^^^

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post
                                Nice kill Pedernal! Shot a healthy spike there last year myself. Anyone been on 2 lately? I'll be making a trip out there next week with a group. Just wondering how green it is and how healthy the deer look.
                                Thanks you Sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X