Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efren View Post
Let me know when you're going. I'm interested as well
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
how much deer movement did you see?? Any luck out there besides deer driving "hunters"??

There are some young bucks that almost seem to want to start chasing does around. Have seen lots of scrape activity. Going to try some mock scrapes and see what happens. I spotted a nice 8 two days ago that appeared to be "cruising" mid day.
Saw zero deer, and two Aoudad. I had my 12 year old son with me so we did not hunt the mornings and I think with that super moon they just were not moving in the evenings. My boy wanted to fish way too much so we weren't walking in to hunt until around 3pm. I think if we hunted the mornings and mid-day we would have done much better. We did run off a buck on Saturday afternoon getting to our spot, and again on Sunday afternoon which was within 20 yards of us. Also had something walk up on us Saturday evening but vegetation is so dense we couldn't see squat. I'm trying to learn Area 2 so when I go down by myself this weekend I'll be spending a lot of time in there.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top