No announcement yet.

Pop Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried one of these in a high wind area? We are in the SE panhandle and the wind blows hard all the time. I really need one in my spot but I'm afraid my blind will be shredded.

Comment

Thanks for pics I will have to show my wife see if we can get materials together an make one

Comment

Thanks for pics I will have to show my wife see if we can get materials together an make one

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	KrivoBlind on Stand.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	24212775
          This is on a 4' x 8' platform. Had a popup on it the year before. Worked really well.

Comment

These platforms work great, I have hunted out of many contraptions over the years but by far sitting in a elevated tent is the best.
            Attached Files

Comment

I will be using Damon's idea this year as well!!!

Comment

I have been using this design for 3 seasons now and I have yet to have a blind torn up from the wind. (and i have been setting in mine with some 30 mph winds with gusts in the 40's)

I use metal plumbers tape and screws to hold my popups to the platform. I use two 12" (I just cut a piece and guess at length) on each side. I put these on the flap of material at the bottom of the blind and put three screws in each strip of metal tape.

I then use some 550 chord to tie each side off to a tree or to the platform in some fashion.

Sure is nice to have that roof over your head when all the treestand and tripod guys are getting wet!!

Comment

Like Damon I secured the blind to the platform. I had no issues with it moving during its five months of sitting. I used 4 pieces of cable clamped and secured around the eyes that are centered on each side of the double bull and then secured the other end to a turn buckle attached to an eye bolt through the frame of the platform.

Not the best pic but you can get an idea.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I got me the elevators and just gotta get started!

Comment

Keep posting pics everyone. Those look great!

Comment

Here mine just finished yesterday
                        Attached Files

Comment

With these platforms do you put anything on the plywood floor to dampen noise? I'm planning on building a platform, and using plywood for the floor. I'm doing it on a budget and was wondering what's the cheapest way to pad the floor. I've looked at rubber mats and astro turf carpet.

Comment

Looks great man. I was thinking about doing the same thing or finding a big enough tree to build a platform into.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                              With these platforms do you put anything on the plywood floor to dampen noise? I'm planning on building a platform, and using plywood for the floor. I'm doing it on a budget and was wondering what's the cheapest way to pad the floor. I've looked at rubber mats and astro turf carpet.
                              FYI
                              Lowes has 8x6 rolls of indoor/outdoor carpet for $20 in grey. Works great.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm getting ready to build. Looks good, nice job!

Comment

Working...
                                X