No announcement yet.

Arm your selves men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just say this - shooting at a range and shooting when being shot at are very different.

Things go to hades real quick. I'd say if you carry at work then there are two important factors:

1. Fellow employees need to know that once the shooting start they need to hit the floor and stay there until everything is done. Preferably, hit the floor behind cover/concealment but if not then hit the floor and play dead if you're right next to the action.
    2. If you carry, you really need some training. Learn how to use cover/concealment, techniques for either engaging the assailant or simply providing covering fire for others to evacuate (there is a time for both) etc. Just because you're a top shot at the range doesn't mean you can effectively engage an assailant. Even a punk kid who can't really shoot well can still be tough to deal with no matter how many action films you've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Civil suit maybe, but no charges in his scenario.
      You might be right. He did not say there was a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, or a 51% sign.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        You might be right. He did not say there was a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, or a 51% sign.
        There's not one ...

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          .........Their are 4 good men in my office building. Each has a gun on his belt, a handgun in his desk and a long gun leaning in the corner.
          I had a salesman ask what in the world we were afraid of..... I said Democrats..
          Fify.....

Comment

If you work at a federally designated Key Resource Critical Infrastructure or MARSEC facility do NOT carry at work. You will lose that battle, bank account and your freedom.

Comment

If they get me, it won't be for lack of shootin back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So what is the smallest, most effective, concealable pocket pistol out there? Ruger LCP?

Comment

Yes they will. And you will likely have charges filed against you, and you will engage in an expensive court battle while the little cream puff in the ground's parents or significant other eats bon bons.

But you and others will be alive. You gotta weigh it.
                  Exactly. I guarantee you even if I saved a room full of people from a mad gunman my company would have no mercy. Like I said...going on 29 years and counting down to retirement. You have to weight the risk and odds and make a decision.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't carry in my office either. 28 years and I just can't risk getting fired at this stage but I can say he would have felt the cold steel of my Griptilian blade rammed between the first and second cervical vertebrae while he was reloading.
                    Never bring a knife to a gunfight brother.

No job is worth it if you can't defend yourself and others and what they don't know you have on you will not hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                      So what is the smallest, most effective, concealable pocket pistol out there? Ruger LCP?
                      Smallest is probably one of the little NAA mini revolvers but not really that effective, behind that would be the ruger LCP. Dang thing disappears quick if your a bigger guy with a good holster in your front or back pocket.

Comment

30.06 and 30.07, plus a whole wagon full of civil charges.
                        And in the event you saved lives, there would be plenty of people ready to pay your fines and legal fees.

Comment

A job is not worth losing your life over. You can get another job, as long as you are alive.
                          I carry wherever I want whenever I want. Cache me.

Comment

Miss you Buff!! Good stuff!! I will not die hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              If they get me, it won't be for lack of shootin back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very true my friend

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                                Smallest is probably one of the little NAA mini revolvers but not really that effective, behind that would be the ruger LCP. Dang thing disappears quick if your a bigger guy with a good holster in your front or back pocket.
                                With the 22 mag cylinder in it's a handful. I would not want to be in a shoot out with that little single action. The Ruger LCP/LC9 or Glock 43 is a much better option.

Comment

Working...
                                X