Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty View Post
    Good luck! I’m not that brave!
    I’m shooting for March 6th to put everything in the ground.
    For the past 3 years we have planted mid Feb with awesome results

Comment

Got four 4x20s going, started peas, carrots, and radishes this week. In two more weeks I'll get sprouts for tomatoes and veggies.

Comment

Anyone have a good drip irrigation set up for a large garden that won’t break the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Anyone have a good drip irrigation set up for a large garden that won’t break the bank?
          How big? I’ve got a drip set up that I haven’t opened, I think the main line is 100’

Outside of that I’d check amazon

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            How big? I’ve got a drip set up that I haven’t opened, I think the main line is 100’

Outside of that I’d check amazon
            It’s 70-80’ long with 15 25’ rows.

Comment

My broccoli is doing well and my Brussels are okay minus one that has a stalk snap in the wind a couple weeks ago. I’m hoping I can save it but not sure, still have some good bud growth below the damage so I’m being positive and feeding like crazy

Comment

I usually plant Spring Break here in North Texas and that is a little early. Typically have to cover plants a time or two before things settle in....

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  It’s 70-80’ long with 15 25’ rows.
                  I’ll take a picture in a bit and send it to you, my setup may cover you. Probably $25 would cover it? ThT is if it’s enough to cover your spread

Comment

I have Great White Herons wading in our garden plot catching crawfish and such!!... maybe I'll just put up a berm around it and go in the crawfish business!

Comment

I needed a break from remodeling the bathroom.
                      Decided today was a good day to plant.
                      Tomatoes, cucumbers, serranos, and squash went in today.
                      Onions, carrots, broccoli, and asparagus went in a couple of weeks ago.
                      I see another box or two being added next year.

Comment

We're attempting our first garden this year (even though we really have no idea what we're doing .) We tilled up about a 12'x16' (arbitrary) portion of our 27'x45' lamb pen for the garden, using an OLD tiller that my DBF, Kyle, got running for us yesterday. (He tilled it up for us and then I went over it again today, for good measure! He's handy!).

We planted tomato plants (Big Boy and Beefsteak). My wife successfully germinated some lettuce, Brussel sprouts and spinach, which we planted, as well, along with cucumber seeds. We will plant asparagus, onion and Yukon Gold seed potatoes in a couple of weeks. We intend to add a few pepper varieties, as well. I imaging we'll have plenty of room so we'll research other common vegetables to add. I think my wife also wants to plant some lemon trees somewhere in the yard.

We also planted a separate herb garden with Rosemary, German and Lemon Thyme, Oregano, Cilantro and Sage. (We'll probably add some chives, marigold and maybe other herbs to that.) We planted sweet mint in a separate container.

My wife has also decided she wants chickens, so the plan (for now) is to fence off about 15' of the existing pen (27' long) for the chickens and put chicken wire and a door on what was the lamb shelter to utilize it as the roost.

Hopefully we're beyond the freeze/frost stage for our region. I'll be checking this thread for ideas and advice!
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          I have Great White Herons wading in our garden plot catching crawfish and such!!... maybe I'll just put up a berm around it and go in the crawfish business!
                          Same at the inlaws, I think the whole prairie is a swamp right now!

Comment

HELP!!! I have grub worms and ants in my raised beds? Is this a sign that my dirt quality is poor? This is the 4th year of raised beds so maybe I need to fertilize them heavier??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am going to plant my first garden in many years. Once things dry out I am going to till it up. Should I add anything to the soil when I am tilling? or after?

Comment

We continue to be blessed with rain... I should just put up a berm around the garden plot and grow crawfish!! It ain't lookin' real good for a garden this year for us...

Herons feasting on crawfish...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7412.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	24531503

Comment

Working...
                                X