No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions for puppy basic training books. Not wanting a lot of commentary about why to train this way or another or what breed does what, why a puppy chews..... bla bla bla, want a simple maybe step by step, week by week training program. What commands to start with first, them move to this next command on 2nd week, week 3 work on this and so on. My schedule does not allow to go to a training class with her. I have plenty of time to work with her and she is responding to the training i am doing. However I feel she has more to offer than my training skills can provide.

Comment

Go to YouTube and search Dog Training by K9-1. They have all the phase 1 training videos in order. Depending on the dog you may be able to knock several of them out in one week. Just go at the pace the dog allows.

Comment

Dirtymike most pups will only hold their attention for maybe 30 mins. Don't try to work you pup to long or you are just wasting your time with them.

Comment

One of these 2 little guys will be coming home to me next week. I can't wait to start training.

Comment

Never thought about YouTube . Great idea.

And 10-4 on attention span. This girl is ADD for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
              Anyone ever used this stuff? I don't have any deer blood

This is the kit that I started kimber on until I could get real blood from a deer. It gave a scent is it worked fine I believe. She loved the deer hide , it served as a great driving force for the end of the trail

Our dogs look similar lol

Comment

My pup Sadie after something. Not sure what, but something.
                Attached Files

Comment

Did y'all start your pups out on a leash or just lay a trail and let them go? I laid a trail down and put a shed at the end of it. Bailey didn't seem too interested in it. My 2 year old Weimar that had 0 training however, hit the trail immediately and found the shed no problem.

Comment

New puppy to add to my stable of biscuit hounds. Calling him Bleau Bayou. 8 weeks old and ready to get started on blood.
                    Attached Files

Comment

He's a beauty Steve. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        red sure is pretty. Do you ever get asked if he is a pit? I get it none stop. I had a guy at petsmart last night tell me I been lied to. He knows all about dogs and been raising pits his whole live and can gaurantee you my jenna is a pit. I just laughed and said ok, have a good one sir.

Oh and how I can relaite to the defiant part. She has become comfortable at our home. Started learning simple commands and boundries, then bam.... all the sudden crack head pup is back. Tell her no and she gives you a look like whos gonna stop me then attacks the baseboards again. Next day a total angle. Women... I tell you

I've got it a couple of times. The day before I got him out to work with me my younger brother was like " im gunna cut reds ears " I was scared for my life lol. I told him he cuts his ears I'm gunna cut his nuts. I get more of the " what's a Catahoula? " I'm like really your from south texAs and don't know, he's doing better on listening. But last night there was a lot of rain puddles and he went straight crazy over the water I couldn't control him so I let him have at it. He was a filthy puppy. He listens especially good when I have turkey jerky for him. So at the end of his trails he will have a stick of it waiting for him.

Hoyt21

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
                          New puppy to add to my stable of biscuit hounds. Calling him Bleau Bayou. 8 weeks old and ready to get started on blood.

Hope his eyes don't change he's a handsome boy!

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                            Did y'all start your pups out on a leash or just lay a trail and let them go? I laid a trail down and put a shed at the end of it. Bailey didn't seem too interested in it. My 2 year old Weimar that had 0 training however, hit the trail immediately and found the shed no problem.

I have always had mine on a leash because I am typically on smaller pieces of property and I don't want them going on land if I haven't talked to the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                              I have always had mine on a leash because I am typically on smaller pieces of property and I don't want them going on land if I haven't talked to the owner.

I'll try her on the leash. I'm kind of thinking I may be training the wrong dog haha

Comment

Just got done playing our little evening game. I show her the hide. Kennel her up and then go drag it . She knows she is about to get to work but can't see where I am dragging it. Then I go in and put her vest on and turn her loose. Really has helped keeping her drive I think as it's a blast for her. She did well tonight

This is the needy little rascal saying ok I worked now daddy I need food lol

Comment

Working...
                                X