No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to get this gurgler thing i believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s a good setup for a rookie looking to get into saltwater fly fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post

I’m no pro, but I would shoot for 7-8 wt gear. Sage, TFO, Ross and Reddington make some good entry stuff that won’t break the bank. I have a sage reel with very little use I would sell if you are interested pm me.

Comment

TFO rod, Wounded Warrior series 8 weight, dont get caught up in expensive reels, there are some much less expensive. Get a fly tying kit and start tying your own flies. Weight Forward floating line.

Watch youtube on how to cast.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            I’ve had success with clousers and the like
            just about anything white. I tie size 6-4 clouser like flies with craft fur that slay them. throw a little flashabou in there and they can't resist them. Also white wooly buggers do really well.

Comment

What’s your budget (rod and reel)?

It would really depend on my. I’m a firm believer in buying the best you can afford because fly fishing isn’t something you try and drop. At least for me it’s an addiction and I’m constantly upgrading every piece of equipment I have. It’s almost as bad of a money pit as those duck hunting guys

Comment

I don’t skimp when I’m buying reels and rods, most of my rods are built by a friend of mine. I prefer to spend more to buy a quality product.

Comment

I don’t skimp when I’m buying reels and rods, most of my rods are built by a friend of mine. I prefer to spend more to buy a quality product.

Have any pics of the handmade rods?

Comment

I can take some when I get off work, David gill of guide strike rods

Comment

I've got an afternoon off with absolutely nothing to do, does anyone have any starting points or access points for trout fishing the guad around new braunfels?

Comment

Tied up some little polar fiber baitfish tonight. Super easy and quick. I’m sure some traditionalist would laugh at me, but I think they look really fishy and in the end that’s all I care about!

Comment

Looks great Clay. I would throw them for bass and crappie since I don't live near the coast and all.

Comment

I’ve been tying a lot of midges the last couple days. Time to get back to bass flies, the size 20 hooks are a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              Looks great Clay. I would throw them for bass and crappie since I don't live near the coast and all.
                              They're about the perfect size for that.

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              I’ve been tying a lot of midges the last couple days. Time to get back to bass flies, the size 20 hooks are a pain!
                              I can't yet imagine tying on a size 20 hook.

Comment

Got 3 of these BW Sport rod cases for 4 piece 9' rods. They carry 2 rods and reels and have side pockets on each side. Used but in good condition. 2 of them are the olive/grey/black as pictured the other one is grey/navy blue/black.

Located in Dallas : Asking $25 each or $60 for all three.
                                PM me if interested
                                Last edited by CTR0022; 01-25-2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X